I need advice!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice!!!!

Hello, my husband and i are thinking about getting pregnant.well were ready but my doc. said that all the medicines i am on are catagory c which means they haven't been tested on pregnant woman but he recommends i do not stop taking my meds. so i am clueless on what to do. Do i take the medicine and rish something happening to my child or do i quit and be a nutcase and in pain for 9+ months.i want to stop the meds but i don't want to have 9 months of hell. Does anyone have any advice.Or know anything about the medicines and pregnancy. I take Detrol,prozac,elmiron,deseryl,pyriudum,macrobid,
    and midrin.so if anyone can help please do i desperately need some advice. Thanks,Bobbi
    Bobbi jo

I remembered reading in one of the doctors' lectures on this web that using Heparin and Elmiron bladder instillation should be fine. I will try to find out the link for you. But please check with your doctor to see if this treatment is ok for preganant woman.

Comment

Any time you have concern about what your doctor is telling you, I suggest you talk to a different doctor for a second opinion. You may have to pay for the office call, but in most cases it's well worth it.

Warm hugs,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

You doctor isn't giving you adequate information. Please try to find a new one if your insurance allows.

http://www.pharmcatalyst.com/drugshe...nancypub.pharm is a website that tells you more specifically what the drug pregnancy categories mean.

Of the drugs you take:
        Detrol = C
        Prozac = C
        Elmiron = B
        Deseryl (trazadone) = C
        Pyridium = B
        Macrobid = B
        Midrin = C

Find a doctor who is willing to help you ween off the dangerous meds and safely medicate you through pregnancy.

Comment

I hope you can find a doctor who will help you. Mine didn't want me to take any of my meds either. Elmiron, levbid, and at the time there was another one I can't remember. Anyway every doctor is different. And our bodies are different as well. I did fine w/o my meds during pregnancy.
          You just need to find a doctor who is right for you and your needs.
          Take care,
          Jaime grouphug
          Tons of support,
          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for all the replies i will talk to my urologist about the medicines. I have just talked to my regular doctor.So i will see what the uro says and go from there. Thanks for everything. Bobbi wink
            Bobbi jo

Comment

Hi- I don't know if this will help or not but this is from Dr. Parsons:

For those patients that do flare or do not improve during pregnancy, Elmiron is probably safe orally but I tend NOT to use it. I go to using intravesical therapies… Elmiron and Heparin directly in the bladder with a catheter on a daily basis. Patients will self-administer at home. As a practical measure, I have very few patients who require much therapy during pregnancy.
              I am actually going to ask my dr. tomorrow about that.

Good luck!
              Sara

Comment

I would go with what the oerson said above about type B and C. Elmiron is type B. And there are antidepressants that are type B, I take one Effexor that it type B. And from what I understand, Prozac is often used during pregnancy for women with a history of post partum depression.

Comment

Thanks again for the replys. the soonest i could
                  get in to my doctor is mar 7 so i am continuing my medicine till i talk to him. Another question who do you listen to the most during your pregnancy about the meds. your regular doctor,gyno or uro.I was just wondering. Thanks Bobbi
                  Bobbi jo

Comment

I listened to my OB about the health of the baby. But when I flared or had a uti, I went to the uro. He actually said if I couldn't get relief, I would have to have the heparin instills. Thank goodness I made it w/o those.

But the quote from above....how in the world can a pregnant woman self-cath for those instills???
                    I couldn't see my feet, let alone anything directly under my belly.
                    Jaime
                    Tons of support,
                    Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

A big mirror may be a good help. wink

Comment

I would suggest seeing a certified nurse midwife for your pregnancy care. Depending on your area, you should be able to track one down who either has experience with IC or is willing to learn and do the research.

Comment

Please try your ob/gyn talking to your uro. We are trying to conceive also, and my doctors have told me to be off elmiron 4 weeks prior. This was a group decison with my doctors. Please include both, they will work with you.

Comment

Working...
                          X