I need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice!

Ok, ladies, I need some advice. I will be starting a temperature record tomorrow morning, to make sure that I am ovulating when I begin to take the meds. I know that there are a few IC ladies who have had a hard time getting pregnant, and may be able to help me with this. The instructions that I got from my gyn. say that I need to take my temp. in the morning before I get up, or do anything to raise it. How does that apply when I have been up at least twice in the night to go to the bathroom? If I, say, wake up at 4:00am to go to the bathroom, should I take my temp. then? If I've been up at 2:00am, will it effect my temp. at 6:30? I have a place on my chart that says to note anything that may change my temp, but this would be every night! Has anyone else dealt with this? How did you get an accurate reading w/IC? I would appreciate any help I can get! Thanks a bunch!

Love and hugs,
    Kelly
    "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."
    Psalm 18:32 - 33

Hi Kelly:
    Well , I had to do this before I conceived my two children, talk about fun...

Kelly on your record charting is there any time mark down on it???
    I had different time on my chart and I had to follow that...

It was so embarrassing as when my temperature was at the time of ovulating, I would have to call my husband home from work, talk about everyone catching on to what we were doing , it was a big joke around his work for a long time...LOL...

I was blessed with two wonderful children and I had to this for both my pregnancy too!!!
    Good luck on the adventure too!!!

Hugs: Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hi Kelly,
      I too did the chart and temperature. But that was long before IC had hit me. I just wanted to wish you luck and know that my prayers are with you. I think though if you had went back to sleep for a few hours that the temp taking would be okay at 2 hours later, all though I would chart each time you were up to void, just to show your ob/gyn and maybe you can get some answers there. I know I just didn't move of a morning until the temp was taken! Yes everyone does figure out why hubby is rushing home at lunch time :~) May God just bless you through out all this and give you great mercy with your IC as well. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
      Love Rene
      lilac22362

Comment

Hi Kelly!

I don't have any experience with temp. taking but I wanted to wish you lots of luck!!

ICNLesa
        "The first time her laughter unfurled it's wings into the wind....
        We knew that the world would never be the same."
        ~Brian Andres

Baby Kaitlyn was born on 07/08/01 after a successful pregnancy with IC!

Comment

Hi Kelly,

I am currently pregnant in my third trimester, so the temperature tracking really worked for me, even with having IC. I think as long as you wait a couple of hours after a visit to the restroom, you should be fine. I was able to plot the pattern pretty easily. However, I would note the times and occurences of waking. In the beginning I really had my doubts of whether this would work for us, but it did. You may also want to try some of the ovulation predictor kits - those get rather expensive, but they do help detect the hormone surge that occurs before ovulation.

Good luck!! Hope to hear from you soon with good news.

Melly

------------------

Comment

Thank you for all the wonderful advice!

Kelly
            "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."
            Psalm 18:32 - 33

Comment

I wasn't going to do any posts today, but I have to comment on this one. My oldest is now 16, so I guess it was 17 years ago I did the temperature thing. I didn't know I had IC back then, but I was getting up at least two or three times a night to go to the bathroom. You want to take your temperature after your longest stretch of sleep -- that should give you your basal temperature. The thing is, I would never know if I was going to be able to get back to sleep or not, so if I woke up to go to the bathroom, I thought I'd better take my temperature, because there was always a chance I might not get back to sleep and then it wouldn't be a true basal temperature. The funny thing is, there are lots of mornings I woke up with the thermometer in my mouth because I would begin to take my temperature and then fall back asleep! One little tip -- if you do take your temperature at 2 or 4 a.m., just set the thermometer down on your night stand and read it in the morning (it is no fun trying to read a thermometer when you are not even half awake). Now, of course, we didn't have those fancy digital thermometers back when I was doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X