Going to talk to uro about going off of meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to talk to uro about going off of meds

Wish me luck. I go back to my uro tomorrow to talk about when I can get off of my meds. and start trying to get pregnant. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I can't believe that it could be soon. I am so ready to be pregnant with child number 2. My daughter who is 3 is begging me for a brother or a sister. Actually she has been telling me she wants 3 brothers and 3 sisters. She is asking for a lot and she is not going to get it either.

Thanks

Kristy

Just wanted to wish you luck Kristy! Let us know how things go.
    Tons of support,
    Jaime
    Tons of support,
    Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

What did your uro say?? Did you get the 'go ahead'?? I'm sending you lots of my good luck vibes!

ICNLesa
      "The first time her laughter unfurled it's wings into the wind....
      We knew that the world would never be the same."
      ~Brian Andres

Baby Kaitlyn was born on 07/08/01 after a successful pregnancy with IC!

Comment

Hi all. It did not go like I expected it to. Of course I was just diagnosed in December, so that is when I started my meds. I have not had to have bladder instillations only a cystoscopy/hydro. She wants me to stay on all meds. until the end of January. She said if I came off the Elmiron now I might have a relapse of symptoms and that she wanted me on it for at least a year before I stopped for any reason. She did say though that I was doing so great it was my choice, but that is what she felt she needed to advise me to do for my health. So January 28, they are going to start weaning me off my meds. I am on Elmiron and Elavil (25mgs). How long will it take for me to get off of these meds? Thanks all! I can't wait till then. My first pregnancy was a breeze and I miss being pregnant. I will let you all know more in January.

Kristy

Comment

Kristy,
          I got pregnant by accident. I had been on Elmiron for a year or so. When I found out, I stopped it right then. There was no weaning for me. I hope everything goes well soon.
          Tons of support,
          Jaime
          Tons of support,
          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Hi
            As far as Elmiron, I was told just to stop taking it, and I did.As far as Elavil, antidepressants I do believe you do have to wean yourself off. But it shouldnt take that long.
            Good Luck-JoJO

Comment

Hello
              I do understand the "baby fever" that you have. My baby is only 4 months old and I am anxious to do it all over again! I was only diagnosed and treated for 6 months when we decided to get pregnant. I stopped taking my Elmiron 6 weeks before, to get it out of my system. I did not go into remission during my pregnancy, but the IC was "livable". I did have instillations done throughout the pregnancy and during those 6 weeks prior when I got off of my meds.
              As your doctor said, if you feel that you really don't want to wait until January( and I can't blame you for not wanting to wait that long ) it is possible to ween yourself now and try sooner. Who knows, you may even be one of those lucky women who have remission from your symptoms...and if not there are other options such as instillations.
              Keep us all up-to-date with what you decide to do.
              Good luck and God Bless
              Cindy

Comment

Working...
              X