Well, this wasn't our month... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this wasn't our month... :(

...maybe next month. It is hard having to deal w/infertility as well as IC. I keep hoping that I will get pregnant soon, and part of the reason is that the "trying" is so hard. Sex causes terrible flares, and they're getting worse and worse, and to conceive, we have to continue having sex, even in the flares! It doesn't hurt during, but afterwards...yikes. I'm in a "period" flare now, so I guess I'm feeling tired and discouraged. I have one more month of clomid, and then I have to find a new gyno (mine is on maternity leave **sigh**). I guess it doesn't help that my daughter, Gracie, is spending this week at my sister's place, about 2 hours away, and I miss her like crazy. Rough week.
    Love, Kelly
    "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."
    Psalm 18:32 - 33

Kelly,
    I'm sorry it didn't go the way we hoped. And the trying is supposed to be the fun part! IC SUCKS!!!! I'll be thinking about you.
    Tons of support,
    Jaime
    Tons of support,
    Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{Kelly**************************
      I'm so sorry this wasn't the month. I've watched friends go through the emotional struggle of infertility and I can't imagine also adding IC to the mix. My heart goes out to you. I hope you can put it out of your mind for a few days, to relax and calm down this flare. I know it's hard...

Sending you lots of hugs,
      Melanie J.
      "The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

A friend of mine had In Vitro Fertilization and was successful right away. They took egg and sperm from her and her husband, fertilized an embryo and implanted it in her and it took right away!
        Have you thought of trying that?

Comment

((((Kelly))))

I'm sending you my STRONGEST fertility vibes!!!

ICNLesa
          "The first time her laughter unfurled it's wings into the wind....
          We knew that the world would never be the same."
          ~Brian Andres

Baby Kaitlyn was born on 07/08/01 after a successful pregnancy with IC!

Comment

I am sure that you have tried all kinds of things, but I just have to tell you of the method I used when I was having trouble concieving my Gracie.

I did the basel body temperature method. I got one of those special thermometors and charts etc. If you do it right (when your period ends) and do it every day you will see a drop in your temp (or is that a spike?) anyway it is VERY noticable, that is when you have sex. Only on those two or three days. You will know that you are ovalating, and you are not having sex when you don't need to. I know that the over the counter fertility moniter does about the same thing, but it is expensive and the basel thermometor with the chart and all inside the box is about $5. So I would go that route first.

I do hope my suggestion is of help to you, if not well I tried but I can still give you a hug. (((((((((((kels34))))))))))))
            God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging......The LORD Almighty is with us the GOD of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46:1-3,7

May God bless our nation

Comment

Thanks so much for your encouraging replies!
              I'm w/Teri - my new motto is IC sucks!
              Mimmy, I still have 2 more cycles of clomid, which is a med that makes me ovulate. It seems to be working, in that I am ovulating, but last month was my first month where I ovulated and knew it, so that we could really "try" to conceive. If this doesn't bring about a pregnancy in the next 2 months, we may have to consider other alternatives, including IVF. Money may be anissue, tho'. Lisa, I am doing the basal body temp. thing. That's how I know I ovulate on the clomid. It does help to narrow down how many times we have to have sex (that sounds terrible, doesn't it? But it's true. **sigh** Sex IS supposed to be the fun part about this!) The bbt let's us know after we have ovulated (w/a temp spike up), but after a few cycles, I have figured out the pattern, and can plan to make love a few days before I think it's going to happen, and continue until I know for sure I have ovulated. Whew, and some people just make love to get pregnant? I do have hope, considering that last month was my first month where it was actually possible. I'm just feeling blue because of the pain, and Gracie (my miracle baby - she's 7 now, but still my baby!) is away for the week. I am at home, sick, alone, and lonely for my daughter. She is always such a comfort to me in my infertility woes, because I just have to hug her to remember how blessed I am. This week, no Gracie-hugs. Sigh. I am trying soooo hard not to feel sorry for myself. It's the head games that bring me down. The support that I receive here goes a long, long way to help, though. I am really seeking God for courage and encouragment this week. He is faithful. I just need to listen.
              Thanks so much!
              Love, Kelly
              "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."
              Psalm 18:32 - 33

Comment

Working...
              X