Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatments available if want to get pregnant soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatments available if want to get pregnant soon?

I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to straighten out priorities. When I was told I had endo (not true), I was preparied to start a family ASAP because being pregnant was part of the treatment, and the sooner you have kids, the sooner can have a hysto. Anyways, now I have a new job that I enjoy, got married 4 months ago, and found out that I have IC.
    So, is there treatments that I could start now that would still allow me to get pregnant a year from now? Or do I go thru a treatment (like DMSO), try to achieve pain relief, then try for a child?
    Or do I just try for a child right now, and say screw the job, and start IC treatment after having a child? (problem being with this is that I'm in moderate pain NOW, and the "act" of having a child is very painful).
    I know the true answers have to come from within me in the end, but what kind of short term (1yr or less) treatments are out there?

Thanks,
    Sherry (saptree)
    "You can stand me up at the gates of Hell, but I Won't Back Down."
    -Tom Petty

We had been trying to conceive when I was diagnosed in '96 but my symptoms became so severe I didn't feel I'd be able to handle pregnancy at that time. We decided to put the baby idea on hold until I felt better. For the next year I took Elmiron, went through some DMSO treatments and learned about diet and other ways I could manage my symptoms. I knew that I wanted to have a med-free pregnancy so when I felt we could start trying to conceive again, I talked to my doctor and stopped all meds and treatments. I did get pregnant and although some days were rather difficult without my meds, it ultimately wasn't as bad as I anticipated. (My pregnancy diary is online here at ICN if you'd like to read it.)

I think that being prepared and informed was the best thing I did for myself and my pregnancy. I took care of myself, rested when I needed to and kept communication open with my OB and Uro. I also found comfort in chatting with other pregnant IC'ers here.

Best of luck on your journey!

ICNLesa
    "The first time her laughter unfurled it's wings into the wind....
    We knew that the world would never be the same."
    ~Brian Andres

Baby Kaitlyn was born on 07/08/01 after a successful pregnancy with IC!

Comment

Working...
    X