Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for pregnancy

Hi all,

I have IC cystitis and endometriosis stage 4. The doctors told me that it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant.

I don't believe them and I am very hopeful that I will conceive sometime this year.

With God all things are possible,if you believe!

Is there anyone who is in this same situation?

I have IC and endometriosis and have two beautiful children. And for me, my symptoms were in remission during each of my pregnancies and for the duration of the time I breastfed -- both of my children weaned a few months before their 3rd birthday. So I had many years of relief! There is definitely hope for you.
    Mom to two littles (remissions while pregnant/breastfeeding)
    Sufferer since mid-90s
    Finally dx'd properly much later

Comment

I'm sending wishes for your success!

Warm hugs,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I have IC, endomitriosis, AND PCOS, and was told the chances of getting pregnant naturally were very, very low.

It took 2 months of trying, and I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant.
        Symtoms started July 2010.
        Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
        In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
        200 mg Elmiron in the morning
        100 mg Elmiron @ night
        Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
        If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

laurie, i would try too if i wanted a child. as ive said before doctors are human.. they can be wrong. and it is true all things are possible with God.sending baby luck your way.
          Newly IC diagnosed as of February 2011.

Medications I'm on that seem to work:
          Zoloft- one once a day
          Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
          Elmiron-after 4 months,digestive side effects got to be too much
          tramadol-allergic
          DMSO treatments(5-6)
          probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy
          AROMATHERAPY-candles,incense
          Village Naturals Aches and Pains Peppermint Bath Salts
          Johnson and Johnsons Lavender Melt Away Stress Body Wash/Lotion

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS
          Significant pain relief so far.

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

Add me on facebook Angela Hasic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
          where there is hatred, let me sow love;
          when there is injury, pardon;
          where there is doubt, faith;
          where there is despair, hope;
          where there is darkness, light;
          and where there is sadness, joy.
          Grant that I may not so much seek
          to be consoled as to console;
          to be understood, as to understand,
          to be loved as to love;
          for it is in giving that we receive,
          it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
          and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

Comment

New to ICN and need help!

Hi Ladies,
            I was so excited when I found this website, I thought to myself....finally...other people that know what it feels like to have IC! Ugh!

I am 38 years old and my husband and I have been trying to have a family for over 4 years, with no success. We have just finished a cycle of Follistim meds with IUI.....Im on the 2WW now praying and hoping for a positive pregnancy!!! Problem is.....my IC flared up due to the meds and Im in sooo much pain adn discomfort. I am taking Progesterone now until I find out if Im pregnant.... Have any of you ladies had flare ups from taking fertility drugs or Progesterone?

Is there a quick fix cure for flare ups that is safe during or when you are trying to concieve?

Any help would be great! Also, is there any other dr.'s out there that can help with this horrible issue other then Urologists? Has anyone had success with using acupuncture?

Thanks!
            Kris

Comment

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

Comment

Congrats MeResque! You must be really surprised and filled with overflowing joy.

Thank you for sharing your story with me, I am so encouraged by it.

Comment

Thanks for the congrats. That's pretty much exactly how I am feeling. I remember sobbing to my husband five months ago when I was told I had next to no chance of getting pregnant without major medical intervention. My gyno wanted to start me on Clomid in February to increase my chances... beat him to the punch.
                  Symtoms started July 2010.
                  Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
                  In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
                  200 mg Elmiron in the morning
                  100 mg Elmiron @ night
                  Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
                  If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

I am sending you good wishes lauriemp4

@meRescue- congrats! I am so encouraged by your post.

@MamaZ- thank you for your post also it always so good to hear positive stories

Comment

KrisR-

As soon as I started reading your post, I was thinking, acupuncture would probably help you. Acupuncture has been touted as very helpful in helping women get pregnant. I went to see an acupuncturist for pain relief for urinary urge and vulvodynia. That along with cupping helped tremendously.

Comment

Working...
                      X