WANTING TO BECOME PREGNANT-SCARED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTING TO BECOME PREGNANT-SCARED

I have been putting off getting pregnant for a few years & my husband & i want to try. I am almost 28 years old. I'm so afraid of stopping my elmiron - it changed my life! I've been diagnosed since 1996 & on elmiron since. It took awhile but I'm almost pain free. Does anyone have any positive imput for me? I have decreased my dose to 2 pills a day for a week and then to 1 pill for 3 days. I'm still @ 2 pills. Has anyone stopped their elmiron? What happened? I was tolg to stop it for at least 2 months before trying. I keep hoping that I will be able to get pregnant easily and then my symptoms will get even better. I am so scared. I think my husband is more worried than I am - but I'm not telling him that. I'm trying to focus on the positive. any suggestions or feedback would be great! Thanks..Andrea

------------------
    Andrea
    Andrea

Hello,
    I stoped my Elmiron 6 weeks before we tried to conceive. I'll be honest, it was not easy. I had to start having instillations weekly by my doctor (he used a heparin and marcain cocktail). It was not fun, but we really wanted to have a baby. We got pregnant on the second month of trying and then my doctor had to change the treatment to only Heparin.
    I have been getting these treatments done atleast once a week for the whole pregnancy ( I am now 31 weeks). Some women do loose their IC symptoms during pregnancy, unfortunatly I was not so lucky. It is a tough decision...I know it really is. Just know that you have a great deal of support here on these boards, others who really know what you are going through. That has really helped me out! I figure that it will all be worth it in the end, when I hold that beautiful baby in my arms.
    Good luck and God Bless,
    Cindy

Comment

Hi Andrea
      My baby is now 15 months old and I have had IC for 9 years. I am 31.
      Several years ago I was on Elmiron and it worked as well as what I take now which is Cimetidine. I was very lucky and the hormonal changes in pregnancy had a positive effect on my IC and I was very nearly symptom free! Except for a bladder infection from hell which responded well to antibiotics.
      I had to come off the Cimetidine for the first 3 months but actually didnt need it for most of the pregnancy.
      Sounds as tho you have good support in your husband which is the most important thing.

Heres another positive. All those years of pelvic pain and tightening my muscles against it made a quick job of pushing that baby out! fastest delivery down under!
      Best of luck.

Comment

Hi Andrea
        My baby is now 15 months old and I have had IC for 9 years. I am 31.
        Several years ago I was on Elmiron and it worked as well as what I take now which is Cimetidine. I was very lucky and the hormonal changes in pregnancy had a positive effect on my IC and I was very nearly symptom free! Except for a bladder infection from hell which responded well to antibiotics.
        I had to come off the Cimetidine for the first 3 months but actually didnt need it for most of the pregnancy.
        Sounds as tho you have good support in your husband which is the most important thing.

Heres another positive. All those years of pelvic pain and tightening my muscles against it made a quick job of pushing that baby out! fastest delivery down under!
        Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X