Infertility and IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infertility and IC

I am 23 years old and newly diagnosed with IC. I have been undergoing infertility treatments for 2 years and was about to start IVF and came down with this. I felt like at first that my life was over, but the pain has subsided some. My problem is that I don't know if I can go on with infertility and have this due to IVF very uncomfortable. I feel like I have been cursed or something, my luck is really bad these days. I hope to get to know you ladies or guys. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

I went through infertility treatments 17 years ago and now have two beautiful teenage sons. You are very young, so that's good, you don't need to be in a rush, you have lots of time. There is lots of information on this site, so get yourself educated about IC and the many, many forms of getting it under control. I'd say, first try to get your IC under control, and then continue on with your infertility treatments. Infertility treatments can be very difficult to go through, so don't be afraid to take a few months off (of fertility treatments)now and again to regain your sanity. Christmas can be especially difficult, particularly if there are others in the family with new babies. Do your best to put your worries away in a drawer over the holiday season and then you can re-open the drawer after Christmas and begin to deal with them once again. Merry Christmas, love and hugs. BrendaD

Comment

{{{{{{Sherri}}}}}}}

I can't speak to the infertility issues you are facing, but I wanted to say hello and welcome you to the ICN family! I'm so glad you found us! You'll find a lot of good info here on the boards, as well as in the Patient Handbook. You might also want to check out the new book by Dr. Robert Moldwin called the Interstitial Cystitis Survival Guide. It contains a lot of cutting edge info, including a section of pelvic floor dysfunctions and pregnancy.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care and I'll look forward to seeing you on the boards.
      Melanie J.

"The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

Hello, my name is Lisa Marie and I am twenty five years old. I was diagnosed with IC about a year and a half ago. I have a five year old. we, too are trying to get pregnant. Because my husband is in the military he usually is gone on my "fertile" day. I have this feeling that I will have trouble getting pregnant!?!? Having IC is draining, to say the least. And having IC and being a Mom can be downright impossible at times. The one thing I can tell you is to keep you head up! Do you WANT to go to the fertility treatments right now?then go ahead. I am sure that being pregnant would be a WONDERFUL distraction from IC. Good luck! Who knows? Maybe you and I will both be pregnant at the same time....no time is too soon! Peace!
        Lisa Marie

Comment

Working...
        X