Who has been helped by pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has been helped by pregnancy?

I have new family doctor and she suggested again today that I should get pregnant and then my IC will disappear. I feel myself, compared to other days, excellent during my menstruation (though I have bad diarrhea always and need medicine to stop it), but just after 3-4 days after this I am in miserable situation again. I have now taken soda water already 2 months every day to be able to sleep at all, and it is not working any more, so I was really crying today after awful night and I cried a bit there too...
    Anyhow, even though there is very visible connection between menstruation and IC getting somewhat better, I have read here many stories that after pregnancy IC is back and sometimes even worse. Already in my now-condition I am far not able to raise a child, as I rarely am able to sleep before 2-3 and wake up around 12 most of the days. Luckily I am all those 3 years with IC just housewife and do not have to work, so I can sleep... But I mean, with child it is just not possible!

Is here anybody whose IC really got better after pregnancy and breastfeeding time? And stayed better?

Re: Who has been helped by pregnancy?

ME! I started dealing with IC/endometriosis when my first child was 3. I was very nervous to get pregnant again. I knew it would help the endometriosis but I was so unsure about the IC. I can't remember if I had any issues during the first trimester. If I did, it would have been very minimal, and I worked with an acupuncturist if I felt any slight issues. I DEFINITELY had NO PAIN at all during the rest of the pregnancy. All of my autoimmune issues and aches and pains went away. I have nursed my daughter for 3 years (I believe in child led weaning and nursing at LEAST until age 2 b/c that is what the World Health Organization recommends). I gave no formula at all, and I gave no baby food until she was 6 months old (this can effect your hormones). I got my period back when she was 11 months old (unlike my son where he was 22 months old). However, my periods were very light with no need for ibuprophen (a miracle in itself since I have endo and usually very heavy periods and cramps). She will turn 3 in Feb, and in Dec I had my first real flare (I did have a very short lived one last winter when I took amoxicillan for a kidney infection, but it went away and I was completely normal). So for almost the entire pregnancy and first 3 years of her life, I have lived a COMPLETELY normal existence - had coffee daily, 90% dark chocolate, citrus, cranberry, tomato, got in the pool with my kids 3-4x a week last summer (chlorine flares me usually) - not a single hint of pain. In fact, my husband (age 45) doesn't want anymore children. And when the IC started to return in Dec, I was very mad at him. I would give anything to have another child and live normally for another 4 years!!! I am not sure if this is typical, but this is how it worked for me. I also started LDN (low dose naltrexone) when my daughter was 4 weeks old for other autoimmune issues. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Comment

Re: Who has been helped by pregnancy?

I am actually considering hcg shots (my OB's suggestion), and I recently found this article.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21877171

Comment

Working...
      X