Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basia
    replied
    Yes I do have the choice but I'm not sure what is the right choice. From what you are saying is that you got IC after your c-section due to the catheter as the post op procedure. Have you had IC while pregnant with your first 3 children? I already have it and I don't want to do anything that might make it worse.

Leave a comment:

• KathrynPInk
    replied
    Hi Basia,
    Do you have a choice as to how you deliver your baby? I know it depends on how things are at the last minute.... my experience was, no IC with three vaginal births...IC with 2 c- sections...but I think truly it was the large catheter used in the preoperative procedure...you can know to tell them about using smaller... and we are all so different in our response to surgery!!! I think anytime one can safely deliver w/o surgery..better...but, it all depends, as you know...on the choice of safety on baby and you. GOOD LUCK and hooray for wonderful babies!!! You will do great; I bet, and congratulations on going through pregnancy...that is no easy thing!
    Katheryn

Leave a comment:

• basia
    replied
    you have a lovely family. Congrats on your pregnancy. I have had IC for almost 4 years and I am pregnant with my first child due in a week. It was rough but I somehow got through it. Hang in there!!! I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. I have the same fears as you do. I don't know how my IC will be post pregnancy. I don't know if I should have a c-section due to the fact that I have IC. I am perplexed.

Leave a comment:

• Emma's Mommy
    replied
    hubby and i chart my fertility to avoid pregnancy, i hate taking birth control and i will avoid it at all costs...it makes me mean, and moody and feel like im not myself

Leave a comment:

• Vicki
    replied
    I definitely feel as though I had IC before I got pregnant. However, I had not yet been diagnosed. I did great after my twins were born. I tried goind on Birth control pills about a year and a half after they were born. They gave me headaches and I gained weight so I stopped taking them. Then my bladder went wacko again. This is just a thought but maybe having a baby is kind of like re-booting a computer and our bodies sort of re-set and do what they are supposed to do. Anyhow, I wish I would have just stuck with condoms for birth control. I really feel like birth control pills affected my body in a way that was detrimental to my overall, as well as, bladder health. I was fine before them. This is purely my opinion but I thought I would throw it out there in case it might help you. Best of luck with the new baby! -Vicki

Leave a comment:

• Emma's Mommy
    replied
    my husband may drive me crazy at times but he is always here to help and suport me when i need it! He's such a wonderful man i think i would have died without him

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    That's great!! I love that you have another place to go to be comfy during those rough times Good luck with everything! <3 It sounds like you have a very supportive and loving husband, and we are always here for you too!

Leave a comment:

• Emma's Mommy
    replied
    thank you everyone for continuing to offer me kind words.....i have been feeling GREAT that last couple months and i am sooo not looking forward to going back to the sick, painridden, useless person i was.

hubby is trying to make it easier for me though, we just bought a brand new recliner chair that is super soft and comfy so i will have somewhere other than my bed that i can relax and feel comfortable in when the pain is at it's worse

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    Originally posted by Judith56 View Post
    Emma,
    having a mom with IC I feel actually has made them more understanding towards people with health problems.
    I agree! Yes it may be hard some days... or even most days. But with a loving and supportive husband, those days wont seem so bad. And as your children get older, they will be more understanding and sympathic towards others who are ill. I think that the fact that you Are worried about it, and how it may affect your children, it shows what a wonderful and caring and compassionate mother you are. I definitely think that you are a great mother, and IC cannot effect that.

Good luck with everything, I hope you days get brighter soon!

Leave a comment:

• LKL
    replied
    Being a mommy

This is from my perspective, so no offense to those who might believe otherwise...

The first thing that tips me off that you are going to be a good mother is that you CARE...

Your children are a precious gift from God, in my experience, you care/struggle with something, look up, and God helps in a way never expected. Not to say that life won't get you down, but I firmly believe God will pick you up...
    (I have been on FMLA for 10 weeks now, my husband is a student (in other words we have NO income) and we have been financially as well off as we are usually!)

I wish the best for you, and deepest congratulations on your pregnancy!

Leave a comment:

• ICmomx5g
    replied
    More than you give yourself credit for.

Be encouraged by my experience. I know what it is like to be laid out and feel useless, but I have found that God can still use my weakness and turn it into strength.

Not being able to cater to my kids has made them grow exceedingly. They can do laundry, wash dishes, make dinner, babysit, etc. From a very young age they have learned to be responsible, unselfish, self-controlled, caring, helpful, hard working kids, because life demands it.

People comment how thoughtful and respectful they are. My 7 yo cleaned my friend's entire kitchen by herself without any help or anybody asking, because that is just what she does at home. Children are a blessing and a reward from the Lord. Train them right and they will bless you!

I know when I was growing up I was spoiled by my mom who did everything for me (girl scouts, dance lessons, elaborate parties,a maid who cleaned my room, etc.). And I became a self-centered disrespectful brat because it was "all about me". Now what mom deserves a kid like that!?

It wasn't untill I was on my on my own and eventually became a parent that I learned what sacrifices parents make.

Now that mommy is "sick" my kids have learned the discipline it takes to manage a home. Although they aren't perfect, they are miles above thier peers. Obtaining lifeskills is far more pertinant to reality than what most kids get. I think you may give your kids a lot more than you give yourself credit for. You will be stronger and so will they.
    Last edited by ICmomx5g; 03-26-2007, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Judith56
    replied
    Emma,
    I had two children with IC. I actually was better while pregnant and nursing. After my second son was weaned, that is when my IC came back with a vengence, So my advice to you is live in the present, enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry about what might be. YOu will be creative about what to do if and when the time comes that your IC is back and you are not doing well. As for being a "potty mommy" all I can say is that for me it was positive, I was a great role model when it came time to toilet train my children! By the way my sons are 24 and 26, having a mom with IC I feel actually has made them more understanding towards people with health problems. Judith

Leave a comment:

• KathrynPInk
    replied
    Hi Erika,
    Katheryn here. I think you will be OK. I have given birth to five children, and I have been a Postpartum Counselor the last three yrs. Sometimes a pregnancy in itself can cause one to ruminate and worry over very real fears. You know; we all know that stress and worry makes our symptoms worse...and it is very difficult to control these worries when one is pregnant...Let's face it; it is a good time in many ways, but the hormones can make us feel so fearful about things.
    Let me just say; Maybe you could flare, but honey, maybe you will not. I hope you have a great OB who knows a lot about IC as well as Postpartum anxiety and how to help you with that.
    I am a huge worrier and am actually going to a therapist again myself, to help control my fears and worries! But, there is a good chance that you will be fine, and if you do get ill again, know that this will pass....and you will have a team of wonderful folks to help you online as well as your personal support people who love you nearby. I surprised myself and did well after the last pregnancy! (5th)
    My fourth child was born by c- section and the problem was a too big cathater.....(in my humble opinion.) Anyway, I guess what I am saying is, try to live in these moments of miraculous baby growing within you, and remember you will always get better. I think you will find if you can remind yourself on a regular basis of the day you are living, at the very moment, and try not to go way ahead of yourself to after the birth, and what could happen bad, you will multiply your chances of being less stressed at the postpartum time.
    I feel silly preaching to anyone, knowing my history of worry and tension...but I do believe you will be ok. Take it one day at a time when possible, and know that if you do get a bit sicker, you will find the road to feeling better again. AND please make sure you are comfortable ASKING for help! Many times in this busy world with families so far apart, we forget to really let our friends know we need help. I have found that to be true in the Postpartum group; the moms who ask for help generally get loving arms and shoulders to lean on.
    Hey girl, I will be thinking of you, please let your Doc know about your worry.... She or he needs to know how concerned you are, so help can be quick in coming.
    You have a lovely family. I wish none of us had IC. We all need a cure. Maybe we will get one soon...who knows? it could happen.

Good luck and blessings to you!
    katheryn

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    You are a good mommy to Emma and to this new baby. Do not worry. You will be ok.

My IC didn't get offically dx till after my second one was born, had symptoms before and during both pregnancies, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

Just take care and don't worry. Lots of

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    My pain management doctor, who has IC herself, went into remission in her second pregnancy and is still in remission. The kid just made his bar mitzvah not too long ago, so he's thirteen or maybe even fourteen by now.

There, that's a real life, post-partum success story, just like you asked for!

My own IC was pretty mild and not even diagnosed before my pregnancy, and it did go into remission for a couple of years afterwards. Unfortunately, I managed to contract Lyme Disease and have a bout of acute pancreatitis during the remission -- looking back, I almost have to laugh. Like, how many more diseases could I have heaped on me at the same time? Then my IC waxed and waned until a couple of years ago, when it came roaring back with a vengeance, but keep in mind that my daughter is almost twelve.

And even if having a mom with health problems is not necessarily the childhood we would have picked out for her, had we been given the choice, it has undoubtedly made her a more empathetic, sympathetic, and self-reliant individual. She is the most mature 11 year old I have ever met; she does the family laundry some weekends, if she notices it's piled up and no one's been able to find time or energy to deal with it. She just does it; no one ever asked her to. And she's a happy, popular kid.

So think positive. It will work out for the best one way or another.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X