Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shan1233
    replied
    I have a 5 moth old and my doctor said it was safe to take Elmiron during my pregnancy. I took it the whole time and I am still taking it while I am nursing.

Leave a comment:

• Emma's Mommy
    replied
    i take zantac once a day.....it helps but dosnt totally take it away!

Leave a comment:

• saptree
    replied
    Tums are safe, but not more than 10 a day. I have GERD too so I'm taking Protonix twice a day which bairly takes the edge off the burning pain. I have three more months to go, can't wait! I have to say my IC pain has been non existant, starting in the second trimester. I got through the sugar test without a flare. I'm so happy. If I could just be 5 mos pregnant all the time and not have any IC flares...

Leave a comment:

• Iris5
    replied
    Tums are absolutely safe. I ate the maximum allowed dose practically everyday in my last trimestser. For IC symptoms, you can also try a small glass (4 oz) of baking soda with a teaspoon of baking soda (old home remedy.) But try not to drink too much more water or you can set off a flare.

Leave a comment:

• shvlnose
    replied
    The biggest thing would be to talk to your doctor. Some will allow some meds. Others will not allow any. It really depends on you and your doctor.

I believe (though I am not a doctor so please check!) that Tums in normal doses are considered OK. Even if you just call the OBs office and leave a message with the nurse... they can call you back and let you know what is generally considered safe.

Because I have GERD in addition to IC, my doctor OK'd me to stay on Prevacid for my pregnancy as it is category B and my heartburn is bad enough that going complete unmedicated was NOT an option. It was actually one of my first pregnancy symptoms... my prevacid no longer lasted a full 24 hours with out tums for back up.

Congratulations on being pregnant!
    Alyson

Leave a comment:

• Emrys
    started a topic Any safe alternative during pregnancy?

Any safe alternative during pregnancy?

Hello everyone!

do you know if Tums for heartburn relief is safe to use during pregnancy? what else can be use during these wonderful 9 months to relieve an IC flare up?
    I would love to hear about your tips, as medicines can be unsafe for the unborn baby. Thank you very much!

God bless you all

Suzanne
Working...
X