X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shvlnose
    replied
    Congratulations!

Yes, you should talk to your OBs office as soon as possible. Just let them know that you have a chronic condition for which you take maitenance meds and you need to talk to someone about what, if any, you can continue to take, and how to appropriately taper off of anything they want you to stop.

For instance, depending on the dose of elavil you take, they may not want you to stop that cold turkey. It may be safer to step down.

If you are interested in doing your own research you can go to www.rxlist.com or www.safefetus.com (though the info on safefetus is a bit out of date for some meds), and type in your meds. It will give you a pretty good idea which ones are most concerning.

The prenatal vitamin that has worked best with my bladder has been "simply one" from Whole Foods. I'm sure they will have other formula's that may contain the buffered C. If you can't find one at your normal drug store, try a health food/organic store. That's another thing to ask the docs office about - how much folic acid they want your prenatal vit to contain.

Again, congratulations!
    Aly

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I also want to send my CONGRATS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    congrats to you..

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mum43
    replied
    Congratulations !!

I am so pleased for you.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: Congrats!!!! All doctor's are different on what they feel is safe for their patients during pregnancy. I would call your obgyn's office and if you did not talk with them before getting pregnant, get an appt asap. My obgyn's office will not see you until they think you are six weeks along. If your office tries to tell you this I would tell them that you have IC and are on meds for it and need to be seen asap so that you can discuss what meds are safe to take, I would not take no for an answer. Good luck and congrats again!

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    CONGRATS!!!! I'm trying to concieve too! My uro told me that I had to go off the meds while pregnant. I was on Elmiron and Elavil. Some drs say they're okay, but mine wants me off of them. Haven't talked to my baby dr yet about it. First appointment is May 1st! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Congrats! :woohoo: I don't know about the meds, I think your obstitrition would know best!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    I don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to say congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• SRP7555
    started a topic I'm Pregnant

I'm Pregnant

Hello,
    I just found out I was pregnant yesterday. Does anyone know of any prenatal vitamins either over the counter or prescribed that are IC friendly and contain Ester C? Is Prelief or Pyridium safe to take during pregnancy? I'm currently on Elmiron, Atarax, and Elavil and will have to ask the doctors if I can still take these. I would like to know if anyone still continued to take any of these meds during pregnancy and had a healthy baby.
    Suzanna
Working...
X