No announcement yet.

Pregnancy symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your babies!! Lisa & Laura. How exciting:woohoo: I have a question to ask you ladies. I know one of the obvious signs of pregnancy is missing a period, right??? well... my cycle is very irregular, so I cannot really tell if I missed mine or not. I was on BC pill up till March and went off after that. So my cycle is unknown. I'm still waiting my enemy to visit. I have some of the pregnancy signs like strange craving, fatigue, cramping. I took a home pregnancy test a couple of days ago, and test result was negative. However, the instrustion said that it may not be accurate result if it's too soon. I will take another test if I don't get my enemy by the end of this month.
    Aya

IC Diagnosed in September, 2005

My conditions are : IC, PFD, Allergies, and Constipation

"It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you."

— Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I went off the pill in January, I think. The only symptoms I had occurred after missing my period, and they were: nipple pain/sensitivity, light uterine cramping, crabbiness, and heartburn. Other than the heartburn, all of this was indicative of my impending period, so I didn't think to take a test until I was 5 days late. When I did take the test, I got 2 very faint positives (so light I didn't think I could trust them), one faint positive (I'm believing), and finally, when I was over a week late, a definitive line (uh-oh!).

I really hope that you are pregnant!

As you can see, however, you can't always count on your hormone levels to be high enough, even after you miss a period.

In my case, it took me nearly 3 cycles to start ovulating after I went off the pill. From what I have heard from my doctor, people who are very thin often take longer to get the hormones out of their systems. Also, I began charting my cycles right away. mymonthlycycles.com has a free menstrual/ovulation calendar that is amazing at telling you everything you need to know. If you can remember the dates of your last period or two, it will even average them together to calculate your next one. You'll have a better idea of when your period is due for test taking.

Good luck!
      -Laura

Diagnosed with IC October 2005

Comment

Hey, Laura. thanks for the information. I'll check the website. it's really nerve-racking feeling if it IS or NOT. I hope it IS...
        Aya

IC Diagnosed in September, 2005

My conditions are : IC, PFD, Allergies, and Constipation

"It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you."

— Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I am NOT thin, and when I went off the pill, it took 18 months for my cycles to become semi-regular. It can take A WHILE! Of course I had been on it for roughly 15 years at that point (since I was a teenager).

Doing the charting/temping thing can be very helpful because you could be ovulating, even if it's not regularly, and that will sort of tell you. Even if your not pregnant... watching your temps rise can give you 10-15 days advanced notice that your period should be showing up.

The problem with the whole "test the day after your missed period" is that it assumes a regular menstrual pattern. Many women aren't regular normally or are skewed due to coming off the pill.

Good luck!
          Aly
          Dx: 3/05
          Symptoms: Pain, urgency, frequency, insomnia

Treatments: Neurontin, Ultram, Elmiron, Detrol LA, Ambien/Sonata, Prilosec/Prevacid (for GERD), brisk walks, cold packs, hot pads, meditation.

Comment

Working...
          X