X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llmyk
    replied
    Re: Pregnant 31 weeks: HELP! -flare won't stop

Hello, I know your pain and I am sorry!!! Ask your doctor about oxycodone without the added Tylenol or ibuprofen. Tylenol & ibuprofen send my bladder into a frenzy, it may be why Vicodin bothered you so much. I wish you well!!

Originally posted by bunni29 View Post
    Dear Friends:

I really could use some advice and help with you that have IC and did NOT go into remission. I have NOT gone into remission at all

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my first.. a little girl.........and I've had a horrible horrible pregnancy with my IC. The frequency and pressure is out of control and feels like someone is just squeezing and stabbing my bladder.

I have not taken any vitamins and have followed the IC diet and NOTHING IS HELPING

The first trimester was absolutely terrible, as I went off my Vistaril, which was helping my bladder pressure and frequency for two years.......

The second trimester was not much better.........and now in my third it's out of control......

For the last 7 months I have gotten NO SLEEP I'm up every 15 minutes going the bathroom with pressure and frequency and have been in tears.

I'm so sad that I was chosen to go through this problem and that I can't enjoy my pregnancy......it's just not fair.

I see a high risk OB since they also found a fibroid that is also sitting on my bladder as well..

The high risk OB wants me to try a pain medicine / narcotic called Ultram and I'm so so scared, to try it.......as I don't want to harm the baby.

My regular ob gave me Vicoden to try and I tried just half and it flared up my bladder even worse, so I stopped.

I'm scared try the Ultram that the High Risk dr. gave me, he assures me it won't hurt the baby.. but, how can anyone be 100% sure???

I'm at my wits ends as the pressure and frequency is sooooooo bad I can't handle it......it feels like someone is stabbing and squeezing my bladder nonstop...........

I'm sooooooooo sad that I have this problem and can't enjoy the special blessing that is coming

Please - if any of you out there have had a rough IC pregnancy and was on meds that helped you with the pressure and frequency can you please email me and give me some advice.......

any advice on pain medicine or any medicine to help this horrible frequency and pressure feeling AND SAFE TO TAKE DURING PREGNANCY , please please let me know

Sincerely
    Bunny
    Austin, TEXAS

Leave a comment:

• cosmogirljp
    replied

hello, i am currently 30 weeks pregnant and have never had any bladder problems prior to pregnancy but i have recently been told i could possibly have IC. I have pain when my bladder is full, pain urinating, and bad bladder spasms after urination. is there any ways to cope? pyridium does not help me. i have been in constant pain for over a month now. i try my best to follow the ic diet and it does not seem to make a difference for me.

Leave a comment:

• Kporter655
    replied

I have been taking them I really don't feel they make a difference they are also supposed to make you tire so I take one at night but it didn't help me even sleep im uo evey two hours I just want to have my life back I want to feel real joy and I don't not eve for a little bit I just don't understand why this just won't leave me alone

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

You might want to give the muscle relaxer a try to see if it helps. If you're having bladder spasms, and it sounds like a possibility, that may help.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kporter655
    replied

Thank you for your reply the only thing the doctors have given me is a muscle relaxer and Vicodin but I'm not in pain really so I don't take them it's just the pressure and the need to pee constantly that is exhausting me mentally and physically I so badly just want to enjoy my life and my kids and husband!! Do you feel like it took you longer to get better because you were breast feeding for a couple months becuase that keeps your hormones up a bit ?? Do you feel like after you stopped breast feeding and the hormones calmed down you got better ?? I feel like mine is strictly hormone becuase the only other time this has happend to me was when I got the depo birth control shot and it stopped my periods it contains some of the same hormones as pregnancy ??? So I'm just praying that after delivery when my hormones start calming down my body will calm down ?? I really wanted to breast feed but what I have been reading is that it takes much longer to start your period if you are breast feeding and I really feel like my body freaks out when I don't have a period but I don't know what do you think ??

Leave a comment:

• Kyeventer7
    replied

Originally posted by Kporter655 View Post
    This is really old you guys I know but obviously you have all had your babies since this post so im begging you to tell me if you felt better after delivery im 17 weeks pregnant and have been litterally miserable for jisy a few days short of two months please tell me what happend after delivery !!
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I did eventually get better but not right after delivery, but that doesn't mean you won't. It took about 3 whole months to get my IC under control and I believe that was as a combination of not being pregnant anymore, plus finding the right combo of meds. I feel your pain because I was utterly and completely miserable my entire pregnancy. Maybe even more afterwards and it killed me because I wanted so much to enjoy my beautiful new snuggly baby and it was hard still dealing with the symptoms. I still feel really guilty because I stopped breastfeeding after 3 months in order to try different meds to get better. But, it was important for me to get better for my baby and my family. Are you taking any meds now? I found relief from taking amitriptyline at a low dose (my OB ok'd this) and I started back on elmiron. Amitriptyline is considered a class C drug, but my OB said the benefit outweighed the risks. My baby was born perfectly healthy, so I strongly advise you to ask you doctor about that drug. Hope you feel better soon and pray you find some relief so you're able to enjoy your pregnancy.

Leave a comment:

• Kporter655
    replied

This is really old you guys I know but obviously you have all had your babies since this post so im begging you to tell me if you felt better after delivery im 17 weeks pregnant and have been litterally miserable for jisy a few days short of two months please tell me what happend after delivery !!

Leave a comment:

• LadyoFire
    replied

Mine's going just as bad. Funny, I live fairly close to you. I am using Young Living essential oils for all of my ailments. Though it gets annoying for how often I need to apply, I am much more okay with being annoyed than feeling helpless. The oils work wonders, and I don't have to worry about side effects. These save me a great deal of emotional conflict...I was wondering if I could even handle this pregnancy, and now I can.
    Last edited by LadyoFire; 05-14-2014, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• melanie626
    replied
    HI!
    Congrats on your pregnancy. I went through 2 really super hard pregnancies with IC and I did not go into remission at all. I did a lot of different things and with my MD's help I was on meds and installations. Its super hard right now because like IC in general if people don't understand it they flounder. My OB reminded me that it doesn't take a rocket scientist as an MD to look up a med and see the risks (or treatment). My Uro bailed too. All I can say is you need to drive the bus if you can. I felt so vulnerable and it was hard, but being educated about each decision helps. I also did PT. I am happy to chat with you. Your not alone. It is really hard. I never took the marshmallow or pumpkin.

Leave a comment:

• Kyeventer7
    replied
    Miserable & hating life

Hello, I am 11 weeks pregnant and currently in a flare that has been ongoing for about a week now. I was diagnosed in 2008 with IC (started having symptoms in 1999), not sure but I think I could suffer from PFD as well. My symptoms of a flare have always been the constant urge to urinate, pressure on the bladder and can't get relief when I do void my bladder. This is my 3rd pregnancy, one live birth, one Misscarriage this past summer. I did not experience anything like this in my past pregnancies. I actually spent 2 1/2 blissful years of remission after the birth of my daughter thinking I was healed! I did not live life like an IC patient, I ate and drank whatever I wanted. I miss those days and now I feel I took them for granted. Because now I am miserable and feel there is no hope! I'm so scared this will last the entire pregnancy with no relief or maybe not go away even after the baby. I know my husband is so frustrated as I can't even help with our daughter. I seriously spend almost every waking moment on the toilet or in the tub. PLEASE PLEASE ladies! If you know of anything that will help
    Or stop this flare please post! I'm not on any meds, just taking pyridium, and prelief, both don't seem to be helping much at all. I've read that some women kept taking elmiron while pregnant and other medications, I'm hoping I can't suggest that to my OB. My OB doesn't seem to know much about IC and there is no OB in my city that specializes in it. My urologist won't treat me because I'm pregnant. Question also for you ladies taking marshmallow root and pumpkin seed oil.......where your symptoms the same as mine and where can I find it? At a Kroger or like a GNC? Please help me! I'm in tears constantly and I go back to work next week and the state I'm in I don't see how it's possible. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• BuffyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cherish View Post
    13 weeks here and in IC flare. I hope you get some good advice. I'll be waiting listening for some. I will look up pumpkin seed oil. I sure could use a miracle herb. I am in tremendous unbearable pain.
    I am now just over 13 weeks and believe me...the Pumpkin Seed Oil & Marshmallow Root does help!! PM me if you need more info

Alisha xoxo

Leave a comment:

• cherish
    replied
    13 weeks here and in IC flare. I hope you get some good advice. I'll be waiting listening for some. I will look up pumpkin seed oil. I sure could use a miracle herb. I am in tremendous unbearable pain.

Leave a comment:

• BuffyFan
    replied
    I feel your pain....

I will be 13 weeks along tomorrow & this entire time I have been in pain...almost like when I first was diagnosed with IC I had about a week of relief and thought I was going into remission, but then it came back stronger. Was tested for a uti & that was negative, so it's defo the IC. I actually started back on two natural things that I was on before...Pumpkin Seed Oil and Marshmallow Root. I did much research and they are safe during pregnancy...besides, the docs don't want me on meds, which never helped anyway. The natural things don't work over night, but for me, they are all that has ever worked and when taking them I do notice relief from the pain & burning I also have a homeopathic treatment that helps with the burning. I wish you the best of luck & hang in there...your baby will be here before you know it!! I hope at some point that I (as many others have) do go into remission...I'll be keeping my finger's crossed

Alisha xoxo

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    Hello and first off I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I have a 3 week old daughter and I did NOT go into remission with pregnancy so you are not alone!! What I can tell you is I felt pretty darn awful towards the end and it was all the weight of the baby. As soon as I delivered I got complete relief. My IC is better now than it was before getting pregnant and I even had a catheter at the hospital and a vaginal birth. I pray my relief continues and if so than all the pain during pregnancy was worth it I stayed on Elmiron during pregnancy and even increased it and my baby is perfectly healthy. However as you know you will have to make the decision to take meds with your dr. I would ask about the Vistaril since you got relief from it before. I know it seems like an eternity away when you are in pain but I hope I can give you some hope.

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    I'm so sorry to hear that you have not been able to enjoy your PG!!!

I will tell you this...I was on Vicoden with my Daughter and my son..(who is 2yrs old now)

My doc told me I was only allowed to take 1 a day if I needed it for the pain. The pain I had with my son was much worse then with my daughter.

because my son was so low, my bladder was pushing its way out towards the end...Gross I know...so u can see that I do understand what your talking about. lol

I know this won't ease your mind much...but my kids are all in great condition!!

My only advise that I will give you is this.....People will want to give you so much advise from now until that lil one is a teenager.....ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR GUT....a mom knows and that is the truth!!!

Even if in your head it doesn't make sense...listen to your gut!!!

Even if a doc says no ur wrong about whatever...if your gut tells u something else, listen to it!!

You doc is only trying to help you with ur pain control, and I don't think he/she would rx u a huge amount....

But that is for you to decide.

Best wishes and congrats on the new lil one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X