Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC diet with MAD cravings and nausea: How do we deal with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC diet with MAD cravings and nausea: How do we deal with this?

It's been very difficult for me to stay on my IC diet. The diet worked really well for me when I was on it but now it's really difficult to stay on it with all of these crazy cravings and constant nausea.

Everything has been hurting so badly down there. It seems so simple: Just go back to my diet.

But, say I didn't go back on the diet and just dealt with the pain just to avoid the nausea. Would a flare of my bladder be hurting/squishing the baby?

It's just a whole lot easier to grab quick foods when I'm nauseous and having crazy cravings than it is to make the foods from my IC diet because almost anything is better than having to deal with nausea.

IC pain is a pain I'm more used to. Only now, it seems worse. I just can't stand the nausea.

I'll go back on the diet if I must. I just want to make sure I'm not hurting my baby by having more flare ups.

Have you tried "sea bands" for nausea? I wore those when pregnant. You can buy them at drug stores or perhaps get them online. Also I took ginger capsules. Though, I can't recall if ginger is a safe food for IC. It might not be.
    Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

I feel for you!! I had HORRIBLE pain/urgency/frequency with my first pregnancy, and that was at the start of my diagnosis of IC, so I lived on crackers, white bread, mozza cheese, etc.
      the bladder flares won't hurt the baby in the least, they're cushioned well with the amniotic fluid but they will sometimes be harder to manage if it's not taken care of from the get go, as I've learned from 2 babies
      I took Diclectin for the first 4 months of baby #2 (last summer), it helped to keep me from vomiting, but I still had some nausea..
      Part of my nausea was also caused by the pain of the IC..it is a pain response for my IC, which sucks!
      stick to the diet, and eat whatever you can keep down and keeps the flares at a minimum..warm soaks (not hot) in the tub and heating pad on your back should help lots w/the flare ups
      good luck! it is totally worth it, and rest assured baby will be fine w/flare ups!

Comment

Working...
      X