No announcement yet.

IC symtpoms started with pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult pregnancy. Some people with IC seem to zoom right through with remission while pregnant; others, like you, have a really tough time. I hope your symptoms will disappear when your little one arrives.

And please don't give up on future pregnancies yet. Once you find effective treatment options, you should begin to feel better --- and I'm sure that having a tiny angel sitting on your bladder isn't helping right now. Of those who have posted that they are having difficult pregnancy, I've never seen even one post to indicate anything but delight with her baby.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I'm glad you're getting some help from the pelvic floor therapy, what exactly do they do, you mentioned biofeedback, how does that work?

Comment

She just gives me certain excersises to do as relaxing methods that I find helpful at times. The bio feedback is a machine they have that is connected to some wires that she sticks on me and makes me do certain excersises and such and it shows where the muscles are weak and strong. It helps her determine what I need to work on.
        I haven't found anything really to help with the burning though

Comment

Thanks Donna, Its just so hard bc my husband and I want a couple of kids and I can't even enjoy this pregnancy one bit. I just hope I can feel good enough to properly take care of her once she's here.

Comment

I felt the same during my pregnancy too, I wanted to enjoy it but feeling the discomfort all the time took a lot of the fun out of it. I found once I got into my third trimester, I began to really enjoy it and was excited :-) once I finished work it was even better because I could relax more and focus on myself for those last few weeks. My due date was new year's day so I had all of the excitement of Christmas too which was really nice :-) I know it's tough but try to enjoy it as much as you can, don't let it spoil the special moment for you. When is your little one due?

Comment

I'm trying so hard to enjoy it but I'm so depressed... I can't get off of an icepack or out of the tub to get anything done. I'm just so thankful for our families and my husband... Although its been really hard on my husband and I
              And we just got married this past January. I'm currently not working since may bc this pain and discomfort it too much! The bottom of my uterus is SO sore that I cant wear anything around my waist. I don't know if that's just pregnancy or the possibly IC. The unknown is driving me CRAZY! But the fact that you said you felt better once you delivered gives me so much hope... I just want to be the mom and wife I've wanted to be my whole life
              My little girl is due December 6th.. I'm hoping to be ok by
              Christmas so I can enjoy it with our families.. It's my absolute favorite time of year...

Comment

Aww I love that time of the year too! It will be a fun one this year as my little girl will nearly be a year old, I can't wait to see her little face looking at all the pretty lights and things! :-)

Try not to worry about not working or being able to do much, just focus on yourself and your little one. My friend is also pregnant and she's suffering from terrible morning sickness, she can't do anything and she feels the same but just stay focused as I'm sure things will get better for you!

Comment

looking for pain help

I am 27 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 weeks I have been having terrible bladder pain.... my bladder feels like it is filled with acid and then I will use the bathroom and it hurts even after... I have a lot of pain and pressure in my urethra and I'm taking uristat and prosed ds... I have 2 little girks who need their mommy to be able to take care of them.... I'm looking for any advice to help with this pain.... I would appreciate any advice. I have complete placenta previa and my dr feels with that and pressure from baby maybe thats what is causing pain? I'm in tears bc of pain and frustration..... thank you for any help anyone can give

Comment

Originally posted by szombor View Post
                    I am 27 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 weeks I have been having terrible bladder pain.... my bladder feels like it is filled with acid and then I will use the bathroom and it hurts even after... I have a lot of pain and pressure in my urethra and I'm taking uristat and prosed ds... I have 2 little girks who need their mommy to be able to take care of them.... I'm looking for any advice to help with this pain.... I would appreciate any advice. I have complete placenta previa and my dr feels with that and pressure from baby maybe thats what is causing pain? I'm in tears bc of pain and frustration..... thank you for any help anyone can give
                    Hi szomber, i'm sorry that you've been having such a hard time :-( Has this only started since becoming pregnant or have you had any problems before? I'm assuming your doctor will have checked for a uti?

I had problems with my bladder during my pregnancy, the symptoms started well before i became pregnant though but some of the symptoms did get better whilst i was pregnant.

Have you tried the ic diet?

Comment

Re: IC symtpoms started with pregnancy

Okay you guys !!!! This threat is from 2013 but can any of you guys tell me how you are doing now and how symptoms were after birth please !!!!! I would be so happy to hear what happens after birth im 20 weeks and niserable I have been like this since 10 weeks or so please tell me what happens after words thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X