Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth control touble = no relief during pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth control touble = no relief during pregnancy?

I am not pregnant yet, but just trying to prepare any way that I can!

I have not been on birth control for 5 years now and I have had pretty good control of my IC. I went off because I was ( 5 years ago when I was diagnosed) in a permanent flare for 6 months and I wanted to figure out what was causing or contributing to it... When I went off, I still had trouble, but it gradually started to get better and better after I went on to Elmiron.

So here I am five years later, coming back on to mostly give hope and encouragement!! But also to try and get some advice.

I have a cranky bladder when I ovulate. As soon as that is over I am smooth sailing pretty much... and I know that when our periods end and are over we are back up to the highest level of estrogen that our body produces the following week? That is when I do the best.. when I am coming off my period. Also during my period I have no trouble either. I guess I am mostly sensitive to PROGESTERONE? I know there are both hormones in pregnancy? But does one decrease over time? Is it the estrogen that is more prominent in the rest of pregnancy? I really have no idea.

I am just scared that if I had trouble with BC that I will have trouble in pregnancy too My dr says that there is a chance that I can get better... or worse... and she says that if I was to go on BC that would be my window in to what my bladder would be like with pregnancy... I am terrified to do that! So I am not going to...

Are there any women out there who had some trouble with BC but NOT pregnancy or were able to have an enjoyable pregnancy after the first trimester? I fully expect to have an upset bladder at some point probably during the first part of development... but I am hopeful that it wont always be like that!!??

Help!
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Working...
X