Flare after HSG test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare after HSG test

I'm struggling with a really bad flare after having an HSG test performed as part of my infertility workup. It is making me question how I will be able to handle being pregnant with the pain, frequency and urgency of my IC symptoms. If a simple test that only had dye and a balloon flared my bladder, what will an expanding uterus do to my bladder symptoms?

Has anyone gone through IVF while having active IC? I'm considering going through IVF but I'm worried the procedure itself will flare my bladder. My uro said the pregnancy shouldn't really affect my symptoms and actually will probably make my symptoms go away while pregnant. Any thoughts?
    Diagnosed IC 2/2011

Current treatments/medications:
    Physical Therapy for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    IC diet
    Claritin
    Flonase
    Elmiron (200 mg twice daily)
    Uribel
    Valium 5 mg
    Zoloft 25 mg
    Tylenol 500 mg (as need for pain)

I love being a mom to an awesome active toddler

4/09 9/09

Monet--maybe your flare is because of the speculum, it always happen with me with any gynecological examination. Don't worry to be pregnant; it could give you relief instead of pain.

Comment

Thanks Landish, I do usually have pain after any gynological exam. I also had a long drive to and from my appointment, which also causes me to flare. Hopefully, it will subside soon.
      Diagnosed IC 2/2011

Current treatments/medications:
      Physical Therapy for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
      IC diet
      Claritin
      Flonase
      Elmiron (200 mg twice daily)
      Uribel
      Valium 5 mg
      Zoloft 25 mg
      Tylenol 500 mg (as need for pain)

I love being a mom to an awesome active toddler

4/09 9/09

Comment

I considered IVF, but later found out that I also have a uterine problem that won't allow pregnancy. So I didn't do them. I did have issues with clomid when I used it. I used Femara, but I can't remember if it caused me to flare. Since I can't remember, it's possible I didn't have an issue.

I know that some doctors (few) will do IVF without the meds, but it's really uncommon. I wasn't able to find one but I have read of some that do. Perhaps you could talk to your Uro and Gyn and see if they can work together with an RE.
        ~holly

Comment

Working...
        X