• Show
Clear All

• SandyRN
    replied
    How is your daughter doing now Leslie?

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    My heart breaks for you........it's amazing what children can go thru and thrive in the long run. Having a child in NICU is so scarey. I really love stories like this. When they are older and doing well.
    What a sweet, sweet girl.
    You know I'm partial to miracle babies anyway. We have one of those who just turned five.
    I hope she has continued good health with her bp numbers......hugs to her and you!

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    What a true blessing that sweet child is! That is amazing. So glad you have such an awesome doctor.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Thanks Ladies, Great Sandy I may just be calling with ?'s

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I used to work in the NICU and she really is a miracle baby! Please let us know how her bp is doing and how she's feeling. I'm glad that you got a great new doctor for her who is so interested in the entire family history! That is fantastic. Please call if you need a shoulder, ok?

Leave a comment:

• windwalker
    replied
    I'm w/them, ya got a miracle!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'd have to agree. You are truly blessed.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I agree.....what a miracle child of God.
    He placed that baby in a wonderful family with an awesome mommy

It sounds like your doctor is pretty awesome also.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    WOW what a mircle child to have. A true gift from god. And I am glad she seems to have such a wonderful new doctor

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh wow Leslie! Firstly sounds like you have a great new doc, wow. And secondly what a piece of information to hear huh? Wonder what she's destined for... It's got to be something great!!!!

I am learning more and more about kidney function than I ever thought I'd have to, lol. And to top it off my hubby was born with his kidneys fused together so, it's like a horseshoe shape and they are in the front part of the abdomen, where'd they be in the back...ugh

I appreciate you sharing your info, the more I learn and know about the better! Sounds like you all might come under the microscope eh?

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I know what you went thru with logan, and the baby pictures were heart breaking... You know 24/7 we have a direct connect.

I really hope that people statrt looking into IC running in families, I have so dose my mom and my aunt, and 2 cousins on my moms side...

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    started a topic My daughters Nephrology appt.

My daughters Nephrology appt.

We took my 10 year old to a new nephrologist Tuesday. Logan was born with renal stenosis (blocked artery to her kidney), Severe pulmanary Hypertension, poor heart contractility. She started showing signs of kidney trouble with an increase in blood pressure. THe new Dr was amazing. After reading her birth history APGAR'S of 1 & 4, full cardiac arrest at 4 hours old, 31 days on ocillators and vents. He has been the first Dr to tell us there is no scientific reason for this child to be alive. That hit home!!!!! I knew she was bad and I knew that the Dr had told me several times that they had exhausted all the could due for her at birth and she pulled threw anyway. We are repeating her renal scans, kidney U/S, all her kidney function bloodwork, and returning to him in 6 weeks to figure out a game plan. He is having her BP monitored at home by my neighbor to see if he should do the BP meds again. He was hoping maybe it was white coat syndrome that it was high on this visit. This Dr was stunned that this is in my family. My grandma, my mom and Logan. He was also more stunned that my, my mom, her sister all had IC. He is wanting to do some major reasearchon this.
Working...
X