Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charmedx3
    replied
    I had my hysterectomy in nov 04. i have 3 kids. but i still felt the loss. I think it may be harder because the surgery was suppose to fix my problems about 6 months after surgery I found this site. I know now that I could of lived with that fibroid. I was just Diagnosed this year with IC.
    My younger sister just had a baby and I feel very sad. My last 2 pregnancies were so hard on me that i don't think I could go for #4.
    You were given a lot of good advice! Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Angie,
    I had a hysterectomy at 32(I'm almost 37). I had suffered from infertility and pregnancy losses first, and then had my angel, Lindsey. It was hard initially to see friends getting pregnant(and I was older too)but now I think it was a great thing. Hang in there!

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    Thanks guys~~I'll get over this. It just kinda hit me how final this is. Now I'm into surgery count down days. What fun!!! :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    It's perfectly normal for you to mourn the loss of your uterus. It's hard to face such finality. I kind of know how you feel. I didn't have to have a hysterectomy, but when my last baby was born, I knew there would be no more. I cried and cried over this. I could have physically had more back then, but financially I knew it was best to stop at 3. Little did I know that I would have such major health problems, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

I really hope the hysterectomy makes you feel better.

Take care, Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Angie, so sorry that you are sad about it. Just wanting to send hugs.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    Feelings of loss are so normal. I had one 8 yrs ago when I was 27. I thought I was through with kids, and I had so much pain (IC rele. but did not know at time) I thought this was my last resort. I still have feeling of regret and loss to this day. And they especially hit me when I remarried in 2000. I would have LOVED to have kids with my hubby. But on a bright note I do have the 2 most wonderful kids I could ask for. One of each so I got lucky there.

The web site Donna gave you is great. I found a ton of support there when i was going through with mine. Good luck to you

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    There's a communication board, much like this one, at http://www.hystersisters.com where you can get some very good support.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I was 39 when I had mine, and have no regrets. I was blessed with one beautiful daughter, that I spent nearly 7 1/2 months in and out of the hospital to carry, and 2 miscarriages at 20 weeks.. I now have a a beautiful foster son 19 months old, that I will be adopting.
    Don't be sad, be happy that you are having a problem corrected that may give you more quality of life.

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I had a complete hysto almost two years ago, I was 42, had two children and many female problems that had plaqued me my whole life. I was happy finally not to have to deal with multiple lapro for endo, painful periods, etc., but at the same time I also felt a loss. It is normal, after you recover and hopefully you will feel better, female wise, it will fade. Good Luck, I had mine by laproscopy, great, no scar and recovery only about 10 days.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Good Morning!
    I think lots of women deal with that "loss" feeling when dealing with hysterectomy. It's always nice to have that option of more children.....and we lose control of that.
    I had a hyst. 5 yrs ago...I had some of those feeling also. Do you have a good support system.....friends you can discuss this with? lean on? I hope you do.....that helps. If not.....we are always here.....feel free to PM me, I have a good shoulder. Take care......Roxie

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    started a topic I'm sad

I'm sad

This looked like a good place to put this.
    I'm sad. I'll be having a hysterectomy in a couple weeks. No more children "ever". This is silly. I'm 38--2 children-a boy and a girl--my youngest is 11. I have other health issues--that's why I stopped after my daughter--I wanted 5 babies . "But" all the sudden this is getting to me. I should be grateful for what I do have. Pity party!! My husband doesn't want anymore children--he rushed in to be fixed right after our daughter was born. So there's a big stopper right there. I guess it's just the option is gone. So I'm sad.
Working...
X