Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, Amy, I love the picture you have up now!

So last night my idiot husband went off to sleep w/o reminding me about Easter,and all the stuff was in our room. I woke up at 3 am with a panic attack, and realized I had forgotten to do the basket! Had to get goodies out of close (which Jack somehow managed to sleep through), go into the garage to find the basket, do all the arraning, and then hide it somewhere in the house. And THAT'S when Jack woke up, and came downstairs to scold me for "pacing around in the middle of the night and waking everyone (meaning, Jack) up! I tried to explain about my heroic efforts to get Easter taken care of, and he just says, "Oh, good, thanks for doing that. Now do you think you can quiet dows?" Well, DUH, of course, everything was finished. Ingrate.

But Susannah was thrilled with the basket, so that (almost) made up for it!

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    In all fairness, I wanted to go wake Steve up too last night, (but for different reasons!) :devil: I just wanted to go shake him and wake him up just to be mean. He is such a spoil sport on holidays! It is like the man is missing the "fun gene"!

First, he was griping about having to go to church. (He hasnt been in years! But, I wanted him to go to at least see Collin hunt eggs there and so we could all be together.) I mean, I know that if you dont go the rest of the time, what good's it do to go Easter and Christmas? Especially, since he didnt want to be there! But, I didnt think it was too much to ask to go and be with us. *Sigh* He DID go, but was so antsy the whole time, and actually griped that it took to long to watch the kids hunt the eggs afterwards!

Then, in church, there was this 2 mo old baby right in front of us that watched us the whole time. I got so teary sitting there, I had to leave to get composed. Just sitting there thinking about how I wouldnt ever be having one again, or holding one in my arms really got to me. I tried to not look at her, but she just stared at me and cooed the whole time! I should have moved somewhere else, but it would have sounded too stupid to explain why if anyone asked. How can you say you had to move because a baby was looking at you sweetly and cooing at you all thru church!

Even seeing Collin looking so cute got to me! It teared me up just thinking about how he is growing up and I dont have many more years left where he will believe in the Easter bunny (or will want to look cute.) Collin couldnt wear his Easter outfit b/c it was too cold here. But, the Easter bunny brought him some white and seafoam green rabbit ears on a headband and he wore those with a pastel plaid shirt and his overalls. He was too cute for words! Maybe this year I will get a pick of us together for my avitar where he isnt scowling. (The one in my avitar now is from Easter a couple of years ago, and I had to get after him for picking up eggs and then stomping them if they didnt have chocolate in them. So, that is why he is looking mad and trying to get out of my arms! ) Hopefully, we will have a decent pic this year!

I hope everyone had a happy Easter!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    OMG Let the sugar rush begin!!!! I think they have tasted everything in the basket at least twice.

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    How many of you had to wait until you got home from church before you could touch a single thing in your basket?

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied

&
    58 (hubby never missed a day in 37 years)

2 on the move but they still get the bunny. (sometimes not on Easter day)
    The bunny is alive and still doing well at our home
    When you quit beileving he quits comming

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    I went out tonite to do the bunny shopping only to come home and find out my son, who is 16, is staying the night elsewhere..grrrrrrr!
    All I can say is enjoy them while they're young!

Off to go wait for 'the bunny' all alone..

D

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh yea Amy, I just went and got Griffin's Trike out of the car and put it together. I want to wake him up so bad. I think he may have a heart attack. We brought home a puppy today and then he gets a trike and candy tomorrow, what more could a 2 year old ask for!

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I have just performed my rabbitly duties. His Easter basket is filled and on the foot of my bed, (where he is asleep.) Other eggs and goodies are hidden EVERYWHERE! It is all I can do not to go in there and wake him up right now! But, I wont. But, it sure is hard! Sort of like on Christmas Eve after I have put out the presents, it's all I can do not to run in there and yell, "Santa came! He really came!" Anyone else getting the urge to go wake 'em up?

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    less then 12 hour until the sugasr rush begins. Make sure the coffee is ready to go mom's

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    All of your lists sound so wonderful. Youre going to have some happy kiddies waking you up on Sunday. Makes me wish my hubby and I would get started with having kids I'm only 24 yet though, so I'm going to wait a BIT more.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Easter baskets, Christmas stockings; these are my husband's family traditions but of course we all know who ends up doing the shopping ... LOL

Let's see, I am looking through the bag where I keep all the stuff until the Big Day, so I'll try to list it as I go along. This is a good idea, anyway, so I can double check, make sure I didn't miss anything, make sure there's enough to fill her basket... all that.

So, we have here:

1 earrings/necklace set
    1 pocket etch-a-sketch
    2 silly putty eggs
    Cocoa peeps (gag)
    1 chocolate bunny (Neslte Crunch, her favorite)
    1 Superman yo-yo ball
    1 plastic egg with mini Reeses peanut butter cups
    2 sheets of stickers (one classy; one Tinkerbell; Susannah has a thing for Tinkerbelle ever since she played Tink in a school play last year )
    1 keychain (also Tink)
    4 Lindor truffles in the shape of eggs
    1 box for holding "whatever;" pink Superman logo (did I mention she is also a Supes fan?)
    3 pink tennis balls (these are for throwing around with friends)
    1 pad of post-it notes shaped like dogs
    1 small chocolate lollipop shaped like an Easter egg
    1 pink and white Beanie Baby kitten ("Pinkerton")

Candy has to be limited due to mild diabetes; even the small amount we give her, we limit how much she can have per day. I always feel bad about this and end up over-compensating with other things. Fortunately the Bunny's finances can cover it.

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    When our kids were younger I used to make coupons from Santa, The Giant Pumpkin, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny for stuff they enjoyed that usually a had a "no" when they asked "Mom can I...."

1 clean room

Courtesy of the Easter Bunny

One trip to the play ground

Daddy super trip

Sleepover for 3 friends

Stay awake 3 hours past bedtime

Trip to the mall and lunch for 4

15 gallons of gas

manicure

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    How neat Donna. That sounds great.

I just love the look on there faces when they wake up and see that the basket they sat out empty is FULL!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Would you believe I bought 500 plastic eggs and put candy in them, plus five pounds of wrapped candy eggs, 120 small "trinket gifts," three stuffed bunnies, and one large easter basket? Our Lions Club will have an Easter Egg Hunt early this afternoon and that was my part. My daughter will be donning an easter bunny suit and will also carry around a fancy basket with candy --- and if any child doesn't find eggs, we will have some to give them. I'll try to post a pic of the BIG bunny handing out eggs --- by the way, she says I owe her BIG TIME!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I bought Ash a pair pf pants that we use to call coolots.. she loves them and made her a basket of candy
    for jake I bought him a fool ball hoddy and pants. he is getting a basket of candy..

Ash, Jake and I got Shirts from Leslie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X