Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanneke
    replied
    Your poor little princess, I had the same sort ot torture when I was little, I am 33 and still in pain I hope your little one can be fixed up real quick.

To all nurses and doctors who say this won't really hurt lie down and let me do it to you first!

Leave a comment:

• Claredale
    replied
    Oh Leslie, I am sorry to hear about what you and your daughter had to go through.

I definitely understand why you wanted to "rip" that nurse a new one! I hope that your daughter and you are doing better today!

Hugs!
    T83

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh geesh Leslie I just saw this! That poor kid, nothing like a "great time" - not! - at the hospital. Ugh. I certainly hope that the next time around they take into consideration she's just a kid! How's mom holding up after that day from heck???

XOXO

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I am so sorry your daughter had to endure that awful testing. Thank God she has a mom like you to help her through the difficult time. Thinking of you....
    Erika

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Lori thanks so much. Here kidneys have been this way sinmce birth. They will never recover and sooner or later they feel she will lose the righ kidney. As far as removing it depends on how much renin it produces and how that effects the blood pressure. If the BP stays down they will leave it in there, if her BP increases it will have to be removed. Right now her BP is up some for her age and we are monitoring it at home until August to see if it warrants medication. She was on BP meds from birth until 4 and it has been stable until recently.

I appreciate everyone here, I thought maybe I was some psycho mom when all this happened.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    I'm so sorry they treated her so badly like that! That was totally inexcusable. They should have waited, I don't care how behind they were! When they saw she was upset, they should have given her a tranquilizer to help her and then talked to her for awhile to help calm her, and then proceeded only if she was okay with everything.

They were so insensitive I can't believe it!

I hope so much your daughter will be okay. I hope her kidney recovers. I know young ones have such an incredible capacity for healing, and the kidneys are one of the best organs around for healing up, too, so I am hoping so much that everything will be okay.

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    I'm sorry the two of you had to go through that, and I hope your daughter is all right.

Two years ago when my Susannah had to have a series of hip surgeries, she would get hysterical each time they came to put in the IV. I kept asking for a light sedative and they kept saying it "wasn't protocol." Finally I started slipping the kid a half a xanax that I had already, before we left the house. By the time we got there, she really didn't care what they did to her.

Oh, and the kicker was, twice they made her pee in a cup to do a pregnancy test -- she was ten years old and not menstruating, but bc. she was so tall and muscular looking, the nurses just did not believe either of us that she had not started her periods. I really appreciated being called a liar, naturally...

Anyway it did get her over the hump, and when she had to have bloodwork done to diagnose her mono, she was pretty calm about the needle.

I hope Logan is feeling better. It must have been hell for you both.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    OMG Leslie,
    I remember how upset I got when they had to stitch up Griffin's head when he busted his head open and that was over much faster than what you had to go through. I think I would have kicked or punched one of those nurses with all of those problems. I hope Logan's feeling better now, I love that name, my oldest step son's name is Logan

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Diana

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    OMG Leslie... I am so sorry..
    Poor child, I bet is was so hard on both of you... ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    I am so sorry to hear she had to go through that! As a mom myself I would rather go through anything than having to see my kids in pain. I hope she feels better today and won't have to deal with insensitive people like that again! Nurses should know better when they are dealing with kids. Even if they don't gave the best bed side manner, children usually bring out a tender side in people who are supposed to be healers!

Leave a comment:

• Janie Miranda
    replied
    Oh My. I can't even bear to think of that being done to my little girl. I think we would both be passing out. What dreadful treatment from that nurse.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I'm with Donna--she needs something to make the day go smoother. The tests she went thru are not fun at any age but so hard when your a child. You need something too us moms can not stand to watch our babies suffer.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied

This sounds horrible! I'm sorry it happened. I bet you are glad it is all over now!!!

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Thanks, everyone

Donna, I did ask for some sedation or relaxant then once she had calmed down to procede. They told me NO! They were behind schedule already.

Patricia, Thanks, I can't imagine having to have this test again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X