• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAS6
    replied
    All about Margot...

Originally posted by Berkshire Road View Post
    Margot is a beautiful name (of course, it's French ). My mom wanted to name me Margot but my father thought it sounded weird with our last name (Schwartz). What are your other kids' names?
    I just have the two little girls, Margot and Brianna.
    My husband is my oldest daughter's step daddy, so as a single Mom I was able to pick her name myself. I met a little girl named Brianna and had to name her that. Poor kid, it got so popular (I had no idea) She has always had another Brianna in her class through 3 years of special ed preschool and kindergarten! This year in first grade she was so happy to be the only Brianna!
    My husband had his heart set on a daughter named Margot long before we met. He is an avid old movie fan and loves the movie "All About Eve" (which I now love too!) The main character is named Margot Channing and he fell in love with the name Margot (with the proper french spelling ending with a "t" of course!) On our second or third date he let me know that he wanted kids of his own and if he had a daughter her name would be Margot and if I didn't like it we shouldn't see each other. He is so funny and straight forward likethat! So anyways, our first, and now with my health issues probably only, baby together was a girl and she is our Margot! She is so unique and somehow fits her perfectly!
    Thought you would like to hear the whole story, it's pretty funny to us anyways!

Leave a comment:

• blue
    replied
    I just want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's day!

I'm grateful for my daughter Chy, and her contious support. ( She's 11, almost 12, and no one better mess with her Momma!)

I'm grateful my Mother In Law has been so supportive.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm very thankful that I have three grown children and four grown step-daughters and all have become caring, responsible adults (I have a RIGHT to pat myself on the back for that! )

Donna

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Happy Mother's Day to all

I am so happy for my own mother. Even though she lives an hour and a half away she is always there for me. I can call her and talk to her about anything anytime and she will listen.

I'm so greatful for my beatiful little boy. I can't believe he's going to be three soon. He is the love of my life.

I'm so greatful for my hubby who watchs Griffin so that I can go to work everyday.
    I'm too tired to think of anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Margot is a beautiful name (of course, it's French ). My mom wanted to name me Margot but my father thought it sounded weird with our last name (Schwartz). What are your other kids' names?

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    Happy mothers day everyone!
    First have to say I am thankful for my relationship with my mother. She went through rough times after being diagnosed as Bi-polar, but is an amazing example of what the human spirit can overcome and a caring peer advocate to many, many people. She also stuck by me when I became a Mom myself at the tender age of 18 and I will always be greatful for her advise and support.
    My kids and husband are so cute! We are going away for a few days to see some baseball games (gotta follow his Braves!) and see some sights in DC. Anyways, he and the girls bought me a picnic basket filled with IC friendly juices and snacks for the trip. It was so cute and thoughtful. I have a hard time finding things I can snack on (you all know what I'm talking about!) especially in vending machines! So now I am all set! Just praying the long ride won't be too painful. I am thankful for my seat cushion and Valium though. They have been making trips so much easier lately. Plus, since my little Margot is potty training, she needs lots of potty stops too!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day and do something nice for yourselves!
    -Rachel

Leave a comment:

• lan
    replied
    Thanks so much tigger_gal! With the help of Elavil and the wonderful folks on these boards I have been feeling much better lately and I will have a good Mother's Day. It was so nice to read about how much you appreciated and admired your Mom. I know my girls appreciate everything I do for them - they don't even care how many times I have to use the restroom Happy Mother's Day to all...linda

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Hi Linda and Happy Mothers Day. I too am greatful that this disease has not strucj my child. Isn't it amazing how we make sure we try so hard not to let IC bring us down in front of our children. I know they see us sick a lot of the times, but we still manage to be the best mom we can be.
    I grew up knowing about IC because my mom has it. If it wasn't for my mom I would have never fully appriciated the struggle a mom goes thru with IC. My Mom was dx'ed with IC about 35 years ago, and she raised 4 children.
    I remember her going for the dmso's and remember taking her when I was a teenager and mother myself. My mom is my best friend and I am truly grateful for her to be such a strong lady dealing with this diesease when there was only one med and hydro's for relief.
    You have a Happy Mothers Day Linda, and all you fantastic ladies you all are the greatest people I have ever known.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    I was just coming to post a Happy Mom's day to all, I guess we were thinking alike LOL

I am grateful to EVERYONE of you on the boards, especially the mom's with IC. You truly do have 2 full time jobs with little ones and IC.

To my own mom who has IC but is so mild she is clueless to the disease for stepping in when I need help.

To all the more experienced mom's pn here that help us through the little bumps here and there.

To Donna, for being our IC mom and helping us threw when we are down and need it.

Jill for being the Mother of the boards and giving us a place to run to.

"UGGH I never thought I would say this. My MIL for taking the baby from time to time for a few days to let me get better.

Leave a comment:

• lan
    started a topic Mother's Day thoughts

Mother's Day thoughts

Here are some things that I am grateful for this Mother's Day:

I am grateful that, even when I was suddenly stuck with IC in January of this year and was sicker than I have ever been in my life, I was still able to help my girls with their homework and tuck them in at night. Even when IC made it impossible to enjoy living, I knew it was worth living so that I could take care of my girls.

I am grateful that this horrible condition struck me instead of one of my children. And I know that if my own mother could take away my IC pain and carry it herself, she would do it in an instant...because that is what a mother does.

I would love to hear your Mother's Day thoughts...linda
    Last edited by lan; 05-12-2007, 03:05 PM.
Working...
X