X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Rhonda,
    My girls love to smear shaving cream all over the table and draw pictures and write in it. It is messy but does keep them busy

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can relate to the power outage problem. We live in the country and every time the weather hiccups, our power goes out. Last year we were out for the better part of a week --- a real challenge for us since when we don't have power, we don't have water either!

Hope your kids are all settled down in their beds so it's quiet time for you soon.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Rhonda, thinking about you, and hope your evening is a bit quieter. I remember one time when we lived in Atlanta, the power went out for three days, a bad ice storm had hit. My kids thought it was fun getting into bed dressed like they were going outside, I was not amused, it was cold!!! Hope and prayers coming your way for the power to stay on, so you can stay warm and toasty. Hang in there and big hugs Iris. hi grouphug

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    we have a small snow storm every year or ice one to four times a year. but this is the biggest snow fall we seen i know in five years OMG we have let them out side just to shut them up. they had me crying they got my nerves so badly but now they are back inside getting dry and eating dinner now. Now if i'm lucky they will go to bed early LOL lmao

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    Rhonda,
    Just checking in to see if you survived the day? I bet it is pretty. I will say this, although I don't miss the cold and snow for a winter like I used to have, I never minded and do indeed miss a good blizzard. There was something about it I just liked. Then if it would have just melted and got warm that would have been great!

Leave a comment:

• lotsofgirls
    replied
    Hi Rhonda,
    Well as you know I live in snowy Calgary Canada where we have snow 5-6 months of the year. I'd say let them go outside and play, even if its coming down hard, just keep them in the yard and off the road! If they don't have snow suits then 2 pairs of pants will do it. when they come in all rosy cheeked I put them in a hot bath if they are frozen or wrap them in a blanket on the couch with hot chocolate and a video, and guess what they don't move for hours. Heavy snow tires them out!!!! Yahoo!!!!

Anyway, you should check periodically to make sure they can move their toes and stuff, but kids seem to love the snow and don't notice the cold!!!

If your power is in jeopardy then I would make sure you have anything cooked that needs cooking ahead of time, if you have a gas fireplace turn it on now as the starter is electric, make sure you have all your candles and flashlights with batteries ready, and if you have a battery operated radio thats a good thing to have on hand.

If you disappear from the site for awhile we'll know you are in the dark .

have a great day!!
    Cath

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    wow 8 inches of snow thats a norm around here most of the time ). If they ever close the schools for a snow day I think I'd freak out. Your kids are lucky enough to enjoy it why it lasts, seeing that in SC it won't last too long.
    Have them build a snowman and come in warm up and then go and play again.. when we were little it was snowing so hard you couldn't see the person staning in front of you, we had a blast
    Just keep them warm and dry they will have a blast, its healthy for them to get out and enjoy such occasional weather )
    I know you worry, but, trust me I live in snow 5 months out of the ther year
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    If the conditions are that bad, then yes they need to stay inside for their own safety. It can be a real drag dealing with bored kids. My days of that were over until I started watching my GD. She will be in school fulltime in the fall and I will be back to fulltime grandma. I love her but some days are very trying. Hang in there, thankfully you don't get much of it. kissing

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    dyno i'm in south carolina and we dont normally get alot of snow but we are today i'm worried about the power going out because we have r e a for power and if any of you have them you know how bad they are when it comes to any type of strom last year we had two major ice storm and one of those times brandon broke his arm and our the other time power was out for eight days and no motel room around us had an opening it was awful. i pray our power stays on this time. my husband finally got his butt out of the bed to handle them they had me in tears i dont mind them playing in the snow i just want it to slow down before they go out the wind is blowing hard outside and it is snowing so hard you cant see your hand in front of your face i use to love the snow too i still like to see it fall but hate the mess it leaves behind blah my poor floors. the wet clothes and snow all over there shoes. ggggrrrrrr when it lets us we have plan to let them go out and make a snow man but we cant even think of letting them out until it slows down some
    thanks everyone for your support my nerves is shot! i have seen a doctor for my nerves i'm taking nerve pills and antidepression.

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    I used to go play in the snow all the time as a kid. It was so fun while it was snowing because we used to try to catch snowflakes on our tongues. Maybe let them go out for a bit and then like Donna said, break out the goodies and games. Maybe let them help bake cookies or something. Kids love snow, and now I can do without it and am so glad I live down south where we rarely get it. :cool:

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Ah, the joys of motherhood! I remember reading in a book one time that when a family was snowbound in Idaho, they just played monopoly and made fudge and popcorn --- and that took care of the whole first hour!

I remember when I was a kid --- my mother let us go out and play in the snow, but we had to shovel the walk FIRST --- that pretty well kept us in the house.

Just keep telling yourself that spring is coming spring is coming spring is coming.

Sending an encouraging hug,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    i told them once the snowed stopped they could go outside but its coming down so badly i'm afraid they will freeze to dealth. but when it slows down i will take your advice lol thanks for the prayer i'm not sure if i have any sanity left after everything i have been threw this pass week but i know you understand. thanks. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    hehehe. When it snowed here last time, the kids had a snow day and my son was outside playing at 7:45 AM! It was nuts. He was back in before the other kids were even up!!! THen later in the day I had them all outside shoveling snow. They think that's fun! Just dress them all VERY warmly in lots of layers and give them shovels. Child labor. Isn't it great??? ;-) Make sure you give them hot chocolate when they get back inside. K? Good luck. I pray for your sanity. Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• Dixiefireball
    started a topic bored kids blizzard outside help!

bored kids blizzard outside help!

they are calling for 8in to a foot of snow by tomorrow morning and i can believe it it is snowing so hard outside you couldnt see your hand in front of your face and they are four children here plus my mother in alaw and the kids guess what they want to do????? they want to go outside and play and its only 8:20 am in the morning good grief. even with a playstation and a 64 game they are board and they have like 20 diff games to play and oh no they dont want to watch a movie or the t.v they are driveing me nuts.gggggrrrrr the stress is makeing my flare with wasnt better anyway but some come back full force. banghead does anyone have any ideas to help me here. please!
Working...
X