IC Moms and Disney World?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC Moms and Disney World?

We are planning a trip to Disney W. in about 4 weeks. I am sooo worried about this IC mess..a flare, all the walking, the food, ect..Have any of you taken a family trip to Disney and how did you do? I'm scared I'm going to ruin the trip for my kids. They are so excited about going.
    Flowerchild
    I'm Perfectly Imperfect and Praying for Remission

There are bathrooms everywhere and they are clean!

My only problem was needing to pee while standing in long lines, but that needn't be a problem if you have another adult or one of your children is old enough to be "in charge" so you can run to the bathroom and then get back in line.

Comment

I don't know either but we are planning a trip to Disney in October. Praying for good health. I hope you have a great time!!!! Last time I was there I remember it being very clean and wonderful. Also, now you can sign up to ride rides at certain times so you don't have to wait in line as much. That should help.

Sara

Comment

I know how you feel. I did disney a few years ago with the kids. I did not go on all the rides because I found some of them shook my bladder up too much. But my husband did those with the kids and I enjoyed people watching, using the washroom, browsing the shops. There was still lots and lots of rides that we all went on. One day I was tired so we all came back for an hour to the condo. I napped with one kid and the others went for a swim. We returned to the park for the rest of the day. I hope you have a great time. We did!

Comment

Flowerchild-buana is right! There are bathrooms EVERYWHERE you go-nice clean ones! And if you need to go back to your room to rest, there's plenty for the kids to do. I'm jealous-I wish I was going! Have a great time and try not to worry!
          Jen

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks guys..It's been a long time since I went and I didn't have IC then either. I do hope I will hold up. I have not been able to really get my body back up to par since my surgery 9mths ago. The IC has put a stop to excercise just about. I am determined to go and I will just have to do what I can. I need some serious FUN!!
            I wish all of you could come with me!!!!!!!
            Love..Flowerchild
            I'm Perfectly Imperfect and Praying for Remission

Comment

OK. At every park there are maps that they give you when you enter. There are clearly marked out areas that show bathrooms, and like everyone said, yes they are often and they are clean. I went with my kids and hubby. I took ALL my meds wiht me every day. I found the greatest pill box @ Wal-Mart for less than $1.00. It has 6 different sections in it and is compact, but still holds a lot of pills. As for food, you can special order a lot of things. And, order off the children's menu! They are smaller portions and not spicy. The Mickey head macaroni and cheese was fabulous. You can even have a abked potato almost everywhere. Take a lot of prelief with you. The funnel cakes and other fabulous things will jump out at you. And, believe it or not, I didn't flare once while I was there. I was lucky. Just pace yourself. The shows give you chance to sit and relax. There are spots for kids to play, and adults to sit. Just enjoy, and take lots of pictures. And let the "picture takers" take a fabulous picture of you and the family in front of Cinderella's Castle. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. It's a great memory to keep forever. Your kids won't care that Mommy has to take it easy. They'll just remember that Mommy was there with them. Just mail me for more information. Michelle in KC kissing

Comment

Working...
              X