Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you guys been told is safe treatment/meds while breastfeeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you guys been told is safe treatment/meds while breastfeeding?

They told me visteril, but that like puts me in a coma. I get up with my baby at night can't be on anything that would leave my kids unattended!

Generally the rule with breastfeeing is this: if it was safe while pregnant, it will probably be safe while breastfeeding. As always, check with your doctor. My son is 2 and we are in the process of slowly weaning.
    Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

I would call the Infant Risk Center hotline. They are great with medications and breastfeeding. Thomas Hale, author of Medications and Mother’s Milk runs it through the Univ of TX

Comment

Working...
      X