X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by ICGamer View Post
    Wanted to post and chime in. I originally thought I had TMJ and went in for an MRI, then was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia which can seem similar. It basically can fluctuate between a numb pain in the face, to a sharp pain to a fiery pain. I am waiting to see where the road ahead leads.
    Are you on any medications to help with this? Sometimes it seems like we are magnets for pain --- I hope you have some relief soon.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    Wanted to post and chime in. I originally thought I had TMJ and went in for an MRI, then was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia which can seem similar. It basically can fluctuate between a numb pain in the face, to a sharp pain to a fiery pain. I am waiting to see where the road ahead leads.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I had surgery to correct TMJ back in 2000 --- my IC was diagnosed in 1975. My jaw pain was caused by cartilage moving so I had a "bone on bone" friction every time I chewed anything. Once it was surgically corrected, I haven't had a jaw problem. ... and I don't know if it was related to my IC.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• emeraldjules
    started a topic TMJ/TMD and IC?

TMJ/TMD and IC?

I went to see the NP yesterday. (By the way, I have hit the jackpot with this new NP...she's a fellow ICer.) I went because I have been having horrible jaw pain and displacement. No recent injuries. The NP listened to me, examined my mouth - poked around and said I had TMJ/TMD. She also told me that ICers are a group that tends to get/has TMJ/TMD. I don't recall seeing this information, or maybe simply overwhelmed by all the other information I was learning.

I did a search and didn't see existing forum topics. Please let me know if I am missing it. Also what has been your experience if you have TMJ/TMD?

I did find an article on ICA that was related to it: https://www.ichelp.org/painful-jaw-c...comorbidities/ but don't see much else.

Oh and this: http://www.tmj.org/Page/41/23

Happy Fall Y'all!
Working...
X