Got approved for Botox for migraines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got approved for Botox for migraines

The office called me yesterday to say my insurance company approved me for Botox (for migraines). I will have 31 injections of Botox on different areas of my head, neck and shoulders next Friday (the 27th), which is only one week before my spring break vacation to Key West. I really considered waiting until after my vacation, but my husband was adamant about me getting it started since I've really been suffering from so many migraines these days. He says I worry too much about possible side effects and when I read too much about them, I start to imagine I have them! He's right, though. So, I decided to just go for it and hope for the best. I am praying it doesn't affect my bladder. The chance of that is extremely low since it is only injected into the muscles, although there is the possibility it will get into the blood stream.

Not exactly looking forward to 31 injections either...good thing I'm not afraid of needles!!
    Jane
    Diagnosed 1/7/14 via cysto/hydro

Current Treatment:
    10 mg amitriptyline, DH Aloe Vera

Used During Flares:
    Uribel, extra DH Aloe Vera, Klonopin and Tramadol (as needed)

Practicing bladder training and stress control (hot baths, pelvic stretching)
    Recently tried PT, do not appear to have PFD

Things that have not helped in the past:
    Oxybutynin, Vesicare, Pyridium, Myrbetriq, Vagifem

Also have migraines and IBS

Re: Got approved for Botox for migraines

That's good news! Sending you wishes for a really good outcome.

Comment

31 injections!! ouchie! I know the migraines have been miserable for you so fingers crossed that the Botox will give you the relief you need.
      And have fun in Key West! Just sitting on the beach and listening to the ocean would be the perfect vacation for me.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Jane - so glad your insurance approved everything. I know you're apprehensive. But this may be the best thing you've ever done to get those migraines under control. Have you been able to connect with anyone that has had this done? Reading up on the statistics of this treatment can be a double edged sword. On one hand, you want to be prepared for all the possibilities but on the other...well, you know!

I'm having an endoscopy procedure on the 27th so I'll be thinking of you!! Please let us know how it went. I'll be saying a prayer that all goes well and that your spring break vacation is all you want it to be! Try not to worry too much.

Experienced first symptoms in 2007
        Diagnosed with IC 6/13

Diagnosed with PFD (Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) 8/13

Medications: .5 mg. Ativan, occasionally for spasms

Supplements: DH Aloe Vera capsules, 3 per day for maintenance and 6-12 per day during flares

Following Strict IC Diet

Comment

Thanks earthlady, if I could cut my migraines in half per month, that would be awesome.

Bladderella, I am hoping my bladder (and migraines) behave so that I can sit by the ocean and pool and relax. I've never been to Key West, so I am looking forward to it. Well, except for the 25 hour drive to get there and back from Michigan. Plane tickets were too expensive!

Lorisue, I really am apprehensive, but very hopeful, as I've tried many, many drugs throughout the years. Some have worked, but the side effects are always annoying or intolerable. No, I have never talked to anyone who has had this procedure. So, we'll both be busy with "medical procedures" on the 27th. Are you having an upper endoscopy for GERD reasons?

Thank you all for your kind words,
          Jane
          Jane
          Diagnosed 1/7/14 via cysto/hydro

Current Treatment:
          10 mg amitriptyline, DH Aloe Vera

Used During Flares:
          Uribel, extra DH Aloe Vera, Klonopin and Tramadol (as needed)

Practicing bladder training and stress control (hot baths, pelvic stretching)
          Recently tried PT, do not appear to have PFD

Things that have not helped in the past:
          Oxybutynin, Vesicare, Pyridium, Myrbetriq, Vagifem

Also have migraines and IBS

Comment

Working...
          X