Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contacts and IC (I found some that work!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacts and IC (I found some that work!!!!)

Just thought I'd let those of you know who prefer to wear contacts over glasses, that I found a brand of contacts, after trying 6 brands.....I found an eye doctor who understood IC and she let me try and try again util I found a pair that would work. They are called:

Acuvue 1 Days by Johnson and Johnson.

Basically, you wear a new pair of contacts every day and then throw them away. No fuss, no mess. I can't tell that I am wearing them where as with all of the otherbrands I could only wear them for 10 minutes before they dried out. I only have to use the rewetiing drops with these once or twice a day and I can keep them in for over 13 hours. So I was able to wear them for my wedding and now I can wear them all of the time.

Just a FYI

Kara

Hey Kara, Thanks so much. I'm going to be going to the eye doctor next week and will be sure to keep your info in mind. I wear contacts, and my eyes are always dry. I have just put a new post under Newly Diagnosed regarding this issue. I would really appreciate any info you could give. Thanks again.

Big Hugs,

gypsyg1rl
    Kiesha Delgado

Comment

DEAR Dry Eye Suffers,

The ONLY contact that I can wear is a brand called ProClear Compatibles by BioCompatibles Inc. This type of lens is the first contact developed specifically for dry eyes. It is a WONDERFUL product! Proclears are made from a material that helps AVOID allergic conguntivitis and itcy, stinging eyes. Another product that will help is a nutritional supplement called HYDROEYES manufactured by Science Based Health Inc. at 1-888-433-4726 or www.sciencebasedhealth.com. This product is specially formulated to deal with vitamin and anti-oxidant deficiencies of dry eye suffers. My optomologist recommended the product and it DEFINATELY, DEFINATELY puts more water in the eye. This product can be ordered from the number posted above and I have had great success with it helping my own dry eyes.

Sherry

Comment

DEAR Dry Eye Suffers,

The ONLY contact that I can wear is a brand called ProClear Compatibles by BioCompatibles Inc. This type of lens is the first contact developed specifically for dry eyes. It is a WONDERFUL product! Proclears are made from a material that helps AVOID allergic conguntivitis and itcy, stinging eyes. Another product that will help is a nutritional supplement called HYDROEYES manufactured by Science Based Health Inc. at 1-888-433-4726 or www.sciencebasedhealth.com. This product is specially formulated to deal with vitamin and anti-oxidant deficiencies of dry eye suffers. My optomologist recommended the product and it DEFINATELY, DEFINATELY puts more water in the eye. This product can be ordered from the number posted above and I have had great success with it helping my own dry eyes.

Sherry

Comment

Thank you very much. I hadn't even realized why I couln't wear contacts anymore. This helps a lot.

Faith, hope, and love,
          Katrina
          Faith, Hope, and Love,
          Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
          Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Working...
          X