Punctal plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punctal plugs

I have suffered with dry eye for many years and it has progressed to where my vision had changed in just a year. I had tried artificial tears and they didn't work. I finally made an appointment with an ophthalmologist and he did the dry eye test and told me I had a very severe care of dry eyes. He suggested the Punctal plugs. It didn't take that long for him to insert them and it was just a little uncomfortable, but I can't believe the difference in my eyes. They are no longer irritated, itchy, and watery. Why didn't I get these things years ago? If anyone out there has dry eye, please get tested and get these plugs. They have changed my eyes so much. And the best part is our medical insurance covered them. Even if they didn't I would have been willing to pay for them. If you are interested in knowing about these plugs you can go to www.eaglevis.com. The plugs I have are the Eagle Flexplugs.
    Karen
    -----------------------------------
    Start each day with a smile and you'll be surprised how far that smile will go.
    Others will see it, start smiling themselves,and then pass it on to the people they meet.
    Before you know it, the whole world will be smiling!

Yes it is for people who have dry eyes and can not wear contacts. I basically only wear glasses for watching tv and driving, but I would love to have contacts since I have hit the big 40's and my close up now is being affected I would love to have contacts, but I have never been able to wear them. Dry eye seems to go along with IC and also Post menopausal women. I had a total hysterectomy 9 years ago and my symptoms of dry eye have been aggrivated since then. If you go to the web site in my previous message it will explain everything about dry eye. If you have anymore questions please message me.
    Karen
    Others will see it, start smiling themselves,and then pass it on to the people they meet.

Comment

I just had the Schirmer test 2 weeks ago and came up bone dry. I am starting with the artificial tears. Where in Pennsylvania do you live and who did the plugs for you? I will keep them in mind for the future. In my case the dry eyes and mouth are considered secondary to my connective tissue disease. Ruth

Comment

Hi Ruth. I live in Pa, Hanover which is only 15 miles above the Maryland line. The doctor who did my procedure is Dr. Baer in Westminster. He has an office with two others and when I read their crudentials I was very impressed. When he inserted the punctal plugs he seemed liked that was just a baby step to what they actually do. That was my first visit; he had never seen me before and I had been told by Optomologists that I had dry eye but none have ever even suggested these plugs so make sure if you go get an MD eye doctor because the only thing optomoligist can do is give you those drops which do not work. Since having IC I am learning so much about doctors and their misdiagnosing. Best wishes to you and if you have any further questions please ask me. These plugs are like looking at day and night for me. Big relief. Lots of hugs.
        Karen

Comment

Working...
        X