dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Eyes and mouth

I was wondering if I was the only one, but now I see there are a lot of us who have dry eyes, when I get up in the morning It is like I have a cold in my eye, it matters and all through the day I have like sandy parts on my eye lashes and bot corners of my eyes burn. My inside of my eyes looks like I have pink eye. I do not use the eye drops that say (keeps the red out) I only use the ones that say natural tears. I think it really helps but I probably should put them in more often. As for my dry mouth I take water to bed with me and even if I go in town I take water in the car. My throat gets very dry and I choke easily so the water really helps. I have a problem when I use drinks with artificial sweeteners in. My voice[ gets so low like I am whispering.
    It is kind of nice to know someone else is having the same problem, and that you can fix it yourself without going to a Dr. and paying their office fees.
    Take care and God Bless
    Sue
    Sue

Comment

I just went to a opthamologist, he told me to use all natural artifiicial tears only, 6-7 times a day, and than use a gel tear at night. The gel tear really helps. He also put me on Lotremax for 3 weeks, it helped. But as soon as I quit using it, it was back. So for the next 2 weeks he told me to try the tears, and it that doesn't work, I am trying restasis. It is really expensive though. The gel tears really help.

Comment

Hormone Levels

I was just doing some reading and the book said that low testosterone can be a cause of dry eyes. I started having dry eyes about ten or twelve years ago. I had to stop wearing contacts. The things that helped me were Gen-Teal eyedrops and Hydroeye nutritional supplement. If I knew then what I know now, I would have insisted that my estradiol and testosterone levels be checked no matter how old I was. I think you have to rule that out first.
        -Vicki
        Blessings and Hope

Current Meds.
        OFF MY MEDS
        Vivelle Dot: .10 changed every 72 hours
        Compoounded Progesterone 25mg/night

Current Supplements
        Hydroeye: 2 pills AM

Diagnosed
        1995: Endometriosis
        1998: Interstitial Cystitis
        2006: Bladder Endometriosis, Total Hysterectomy and Bowel Re-Section
        2008: Removal of Ovarian Remnant and Endometrial Cyst That was Obstructing Ureter
        2012: Laparoscopic Removal of Adhesions and Staples

Comment

Re: dry eyes

I have a bad dry eye problem too. It may not be IC meds, but part of the complex of diseases that often occur with IC - they are all inflammatory diseases, I assume, related to mast cells: IC, IBS, dry eyes, fibromyalgia, anxiety, allergies.

Comment

Working...
          X