Home Remedy that cures mouth ulcers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Remedy that cures mouth ulcers!

Hi guys! I am frequently plauged by mouth ulcers and sores. For years I have battled them intermittenly, and never found relief, let alone a cure for them...I have always just had to wait it out in pain. But, the last time I had this happen, I went online in search of a miracle, and sure enough, I found one! All you do is dip a Q-tip into water to wet the end, then stick the wet Q-tip into Cream of Tarter (found in the spice rack of the grocery). You can make a paste out of it to apply, or you can apply it dry against the sore. But, what I do is I open my mouth and lay the Q-tip with the Cream of Tarter on it against the sore or sores. I leave it on there for about 20 min or so. I do this at the very first "tingling" kind of feeling that I get right before a mouth ulcer bursts thru my skin, and it totally cures it for me and keeps it from erupting! But, it also works on them if they have already made an appearance. Sometimes it takes 2-3 applications in one day for a stubborn one, but this always cures them for me in 1 day! (I do it one day and the next day when I wake up, it is gone! )

If, like me, you often battle these often, I urge you to give this a try. I know it sounds goofy, but I am telling ya, it really works! My mouth is living proof!

Hope this helps someone!

Kind regards,
    Amaranthe
    I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
    The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Mouth ulcers are awful-I will definately try this next time I get one.

Thanks for the tip,
    Sandra
    Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
    Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
    http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

thanks for this info. i currently have 5 right now. i have always suffered from canker sores. i wonder if its connected to IC at all, i read in an ic book once that lots of ICers get mouth ulcers.
      Jenn

IC, endometriosis, vulvodynia, PFD, kidney stones, migraines, chronic uti's, ovarian cysts, seizures.

Meds:
      Elmiron 300mg a day
      a day)
      Singulair 10mg a day
      Seasonale

Prevacid OTC
      Xanax-helps pain at times.

too many pills for my age!!!

"If it wasn't this it would be something else"

"There's a happiness to be gained from being able to accept that there are some things that cannot be changed."

Comment

I hope it works as well for you guys as it did for me. (Actually, I also tried it on my kids and DH, when they were getting them (or already had some), and it worked on theirs too! So, there's definately something to it, (though I cant imagine what it could be!

IF you want to read more on it though, you can put "Cream of Tarter cure for mouth sores " into one of the search engines, and I am sure you will get all kinds of info on it.

Wishing you the best of luck! I know how rough it can be when you are too miserable to even eat, (let alone brush your teeth!

Sending hugs,
        Amaranthe
        I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
        The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

I don't think it's connected to IC --- almost everyone will have them at one time or another.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

another home remedy for canker sores

YOU must be CAREFUL with this, but it works great. DO NOT SWALLOW THIS!

I use full strength hydrogen peroxide, to swish around in my mouth and within 24 hours, canker sores are gone. Canker sores hate peroxide for some reason. AGAIN DO NOT SWALLOW THIS!

Comment

mouth ulcers related to something

I've heard they can come from standard toothpaste. I've also think that more than one means something is really amiss, like celiac disease (gluten intolerance). Herbalists use deglycerizzed licorice tablets on them. I remember reading somewhere that cream of tartar can cure UTIs, but that sounds scary to me. PV
              I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

When I was 13 , My parents and I went out to dinner at a restaurant and we noticed the silverware didn't look too clean , and asked the waitress and she assured us it was , it was just Old.

Well within 24 hours , we were sick , with Mouth Sores.

Went to the doctor and it was a confirmed case of Herpes.
                (No not the sex kind ) There's a difference thankfully.

We were given antibiotics and 2 % Lidocaine Gel to use in our mouth several times a day.

I couldn't eat for about 2 weeks , and lost anywhere from 15 to 25 pounds.
                That was so long ago I can't remember which it was.

We asked the doctor how we got it ? His next question was > Have you eaten out recently ? My mother replied : Yes , 24 hours ago , and we called it to the waitress's attention that the Silverware looked dirty.

He said > that's how and where you got it.

Comment

mouth sores

ohhhhhhh I am going to have my daughter try it she gets them all the time. Thanks for the info.
                  Blessings,
                  Ruth

Comment

I've learned to prevent canker sores from happening in the first place by changing to a toothpaste that doesn't have SLS in it.

Sodium Laurel Sulfate is a foaming agent like in clothes detergent. It has no place in toothpaste.

Apparently many people react badly to it, with mouth ulcers.

I buy Biotene toothpaste, have done it for about a year now, and mouth ulcers are down from always having one or two, to about one a year. Huge difference.

You can buy Biotene or Rembrandt toothpaste at Target, Walmart, or drugstore.com.
                    -Laura
                    • 61 yrs old
                    • Diagnosed Feb 2009, but had IC for years before that;
                    • Also horribly progressive, debilitatingly painful, severe vascular rosacea and erythromelalgia.

• Stuff that helps me--
                    - the IC diet
                    - CystoProtek (wonderful stuff, highly recommended)
                    - Vagifem (vaginal estrogen)
                    - Remeron (Mirtazapine)- 30 mg nightly for depression and IC nerve pain
                    - Hydroxyzine- antihistamine for IC

Comment

Cream of Tarter is actually Potassium bitartrate, an acidic powder, also an acid salt.

It's often used in combination with baking soda (which needs an acid ingredient to activate it) to make baking powder.

In water, Cream of Tarter becomes acid tartrate.

Some people think that burning mouth ulcers with acids fries them off, so maybe that's why you're having success with this method.

I'd be careful not to swallow it if you have IC.

I've found similar success with a product called Peroxyl, which is hydrogen peroxide mouthwash. You can buy it a good drugstores. It seems to hasten the healing so they leave in a day or two instead of ten days.

Hope this helps.
                      -Laura
                      • 61 yrs old
                      • Diagnosed Feb 2009, but had IC for years before that;
                      • Also horribly progressive, debilitatingly painful, severe vascular rosacea and erythromelalgia.

• Stuff that helps me--
                      - the IC diet
                      - CystoProtek (wonderful stuff, highly recommended)
                      - Vagifem (vaginal estrogen)
                      - Remeron (Mirtazapine)- 30 mg nightly for depression and IC nerve pain
                      - Hydroxyzine- antihistamine for IC

Comment

It is very Important to go see a Doctor if you have oral mouth sores.

There is always the "slight possibility" it could be > Herpes.

Our sores were White and Blistery Looking. Pain so Severe it was terrible.

I had it the worst. I lost alot of weight since I couldn't eat.

The 2% Lidocaine Gel helped alot. Taste's like Dirt though. Yuck*

Comment

I have had canker sores in my mouth many times --- I just use warm salt water as a mouthwash when I get one and it seems to help --- many years ago, my dentist recommended this.

Donna
                          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                          X