Dry mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry mouth

I was diagnosed in 2007 and since then I have been on all kinds of medications for IC. My current medications are Elavil,Atarax,Neurotoin,Elmiron and tramacet for pain. My problem is dry mouth and a burning sensation when I brush my teeth with regular toothpaste ,even sensodine hurts so much . I don't undestand why and does it happen to other people too? is this caused by the medications I take ? I discovered a toothpaste called Biotene which has helped a lot but is very expensive ..... any other ideas will be appreciated thanks!!!
    :Loren

Current Meds
    Elmiron 300mg tid
    Elavil 25mg at hs
    Atarax 50mg bid
    Tramacet as needed
    Vitamin D 2000 iu bid
    Gabapentin 300mg tid
    Uracyst instillatons one a month

Evoxac and Salagen

There are two medications you can take for dry mouth - Evoxac and Salagen. I take Evoxac. It works great, and I don't have any side effects from it. I take it 3 times per day.

Not a good idea to have a dry mouth. It will rot your teeth.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

NancyB

Comment

Hi Nancy I hope I can get this medications in Canada . I also have braces so I have to keep my mouth clean and moist. Thank you !!! are this meds prescribed or can I get them over the counter ??
      :Loren

Current Meds
      Elmiron 300mg tid
      Elavil 25mg at hs
      Atarax 50mg bid
      Tramacet as needed
      Vitamin D 2000 iu bid
      Gabapentin 300mg tid
      Uracyst instillatons one a month

Comment

Rxs

Dear Loren -

Both of the medications are by prescription. I don't know if they are available in Canada. I would call your pharmacy and see. If not, you probably can get them from a pharmacy in the USA.

Good luck. Let me know if you need any more help or information.

NancyB

Comment

Working...
        X