Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am okay with fennel tea, peppermint tea, and chamomile. I also have a tea that is a combination of all 3- that works very well for my stomach and doesn't irritate my bladder. good luck!

Comment

Re: Heather Van Vorous Tips for IBS!

I agree with this!
      I'm flaring these days too, and I thought it was an IC flare, but the more I watch my symptoms, the more I think it's my good ole' IBS kicking in after almost 4 years of being defunct! I've got that burning feeling in my pelvis, but I also can feel all of the gas bubbles moving around in there just like with IBS and i am so gassy that Shrek would be proud.

I had a few really bad flare-ups when I first got IBS-burning between my hipbones (I wanted to put an icepack on my insides), bloating and gas. I didn't have diarrhea but I needed to go a lot more often than normal. Finally, after a really bad attack, the doc poked and prodded me for a bit and said that it was actually common for IBS pain to feel like burning-it's all of the hot gas building up in the intestines that your body produces to break down foods it thinks are 'pathogens' (just like with allergies!)
      He also said it's common for IBS pain to be on one side more than another-your leg joint/groin area holds many organs, and is where your colon ends and begins. My dad has IBS too and when I cut or limited the foods that trigger him, I got MUCH better. I added peppermint tea (strong as I could make it!) to my arsenal and in about a year I could add all of my foods back, in moderation! (soft cheese, milk and fried foods seem to be my worst triggers!)

I'm thinking of trying that again and seeing if it helps, because my flares are coming and going a lot faster than IC and the peppermint tea is helping somewhat. I also used to put flax seeds on my cereal every morning...maybe I'll try that again.

Comment

Good to know.....had a bad episode that sent me to the ER in severe pain, diarrhea, and severe vomiting. A follow-up with GI resulted in a diagnosis of IBS today. Will have to read up on this when you post. I currently take benefiber so I am guessing this is bad since it is psyllium. Will have to try this acacia fiber.
        Diagnosed in 2005.
        Currently take Tramadol 50 mg, Amtryptiline 25 mg, and Hydroxizine 50mg at bedtime. Also take Pyridiium or Ultira-C on a rotating basis, and Gelnique as needed as well.

Comment

Re: lower right pain too!

I hate having IBS with IC and I have Gerd. I have alot of other problems as well. I found this site because my urologist told me about it. I have been suffering for 3 years now and some days it really bad and others are tolerable. I have also found some groups on Facebook for Interstitial Cystitis. I actually made on called Interstitial Cystitis Warriors if anyone would like to join it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560171750905790/ that is the group link.

Comment

Hi Katrina!! It's nice seeing you! Thanks for the iIBS information ❤️
            Blessings,
            Ruth

Comment

I have IBS and IC. I am looking for something safe to use for occasional constipation. Something that works quickly. Anyone ever try a Dulcolax suppository? I drink a lot of water and take extra fiber but every few months I get constipated and the pushing and straining of course irritates by bladder. Any advice?

Comment

Working...
              X