Sleep Better without Eating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Better without Eating?

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I get up several (about 6-7) times a night to urinate. I notice if I don't eat past, say 4PM, I don't get up nearly as much to go to the bathroom. I didn't know if anyone else has this happen and if anyone knows why this is. I can still drink past 4PM and be ok. I'm thinking there may be some intestinal pressure on the bladder or something? Unfortunately not eating past 4PM isn't terribly realistic to do on a regular basis, but wondering what the correlation may be.

Thanks!

Dana

I really don't know.... everything you eat and drink dose go to the bladder, so maybe it is what you are eating after 4pm, that triggers the frequency.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Dana,
      I have noticed when i do not eat or drink anything after 5 pm i only get up maybe once a night, but if i eat or drink anything later, i am up most of the night. Like last night, I had milk and cheesecake left over from dinner.. and i paid for it all night got up about 6 times....
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

hhhmmm.. ok going to try this.. no guantees I love to eat lol
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I get up every single night without fail 6-7 times and usually only see a difference if I do not eat too late. However I don't get a tremendous amount of benefit from it b/c my brain is so used to waking up all night that I still wake up, I just don't have to get up to pee. I think I would have to not eat after 4pm for a long consecutive amount of time to actually sleep through it. Argh!

Dana

Comment

have you considered taking ambien?

Comment

Our bodies actually do better when we don't eat after 4-5pm. People tend to lose weight, feel better, have less digestive problems, sleep more soundly, and feel more rested in the morning because so much energy is diverted towards digesting food. It's far more than many people think and it's impossible to get a good night's rest when your stomach and intestines are still working over time with no break.
              http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I hardly eat anything past 5pm and I don't notice any difference the few times that I do eat late. Oh well.

Comment

That is probably because your normal lifestyle is so healthy.
                  http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Well it makes sense as your body does continue to create urine from not just what you drink but what you EAT as well. I learned that from my Pelvic Floor Therapist. Elavil has been commonly prescribed to help with sleep and quiet those nerves, so that you're not up every hour on the hour.
                    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

I personally have tried Elavil (along with everything else). Unfortunately it knocks me out way too hard that I can't tolerate it. I would sleep well into the afternoon! Even when it knocked me out, I still got up to go anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X