Bloated and feel like a cow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloated and feel like a cow...

I have never been formally diagnosed with IBS, but I have suffered from constipation, gassy feelings, and bloating for quite some time with no other explanations...my constipation sometimes lasts up to two weeks. I had a colonoscopy over the summer which showed no abnormality like colon cancer or polyps or anything like that.

Anyway, I have had my interstim trial in for a few days, and I have actually had a BM the last two days and am sensing that one will come today as well, which is a record for me. I can't tell you when the last time was that I had three days in a row!

However, one thing that hasn't changed is the bloating. I have been severely bloated off and on for some time, but I look pregnant I'm so bloated right now. I've tried gas x and stuff like that, with no relief. Does anyone have this symptom as well and if so, is there anything I can do? I am hoping the more my bowels continue to work properly maybe the better it will get, but I've seen no improvement as of yet. I'm even starting to get paranoid and think maybe I have a huge cyst on the one ovary I have left (and that's all that's left of my reproductive system). Any advice??

Thanks!
    Claudia

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
    ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
    back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

In a word...yes! I used to work nights and by 6am people would start asking me when the triplets were due! I wasn't happy! I am bloated right now which is why I jumped on this post. I guess it's time for the old Milk of Mag....I HATE the liquid. I'd rather swallow sour milk...almost! :::sigh:::
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sandy,
      *Sigh* I am sorry you are going through this, too, but I am glad I am not alone! I was really starting to wonder, because I'm not a little bloated, I'm crazy bloated!!! I could probably get a job imitating Buddha if it weren't for the crazy interstim wires coming out of me right now!!

Does the M.O.M. help the bloating as well as constipation for you? I'm willing to try anything.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
      ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
      back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

I just thought of something...I have been on a crazy cereal kick lately. I don't know why, but I've been craving it and eating about a box every few days...with skim milk. Maybe I have lactose issues? Can that cause crazy bloating?

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

It does help me....for several days actually. Maybe it's the fiber in the cereal causing the bloating? Seems if you had lactose issues you'd have known before now...ya know?
          *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
          *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
          *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Hey topcop. I have IBS constipation! This in a nutshell sucks! Well basically Im gaging down tons of fiber all day eating a probiotic cereal or breakfast and drinking tons of water. The water is key. It helps the bloating. If I eat too much salt, this bloats me as well, and my face too. I think we are bloated becuase we dont have regular bowel movements. I would try like Sandy said the milk of mag. If that doesn't work, the dreaded green bottle of salty nastiness always does the trick-cramping is a given but I feel so much better after. Its strong, so try prune juice and stuff like that first if it doesn't bother your ic. Its called Magnesium Citrate I think-Sandy would know Im glad the stim helps the bowels. I headed that way too. Well good luck-WATER IS KEY!
            Erika
            IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
            Birth Control

Comment

Thanks Erika and Sandy. And Sandy, yea, you're right, I'd probably know about the lactose by now...I guess I am grasping at straws!

I've tried the mag citrate before, ugh, it's so nasty...sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't...that's when I know I'm in trouble, when even that nasty stuff doesn't get things moving.

I will try to increase fluids and keep on keepin' on with the interstim and hopefully things will get a bit better...otherwise I'm gonna have to go buy maternity clothes!

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

Oh jezzzz topcop! I would call 911 if the mag citrate didn't move me lol!!! Im just kidding. But thats crazy! Yeah try the xtra water...sometimes it works!

Erika
                IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                Birth Control

Comment

I know, right Erika!!! When THAT stuff doesn't work...ain't nothin' gonna work! It can move buildings.

I've always been SO bad at drinking fluids...even when I was younger (and healthy) and used to run competitively, even then I didn't drink a lot of fluids. So, it's hard for me to get into it now, especially with the IC because I CANNOT drink caffeine anymore and non-caffeinated sodas are okay, except they only bloat me worse. So, I usually drink kool-aid and crystal light and apple cider from a packet. But, I will definitely give it a try. If it will help make this crazy belly go away, it's worth it!

Claudia

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

do you think Its something just one thing your eating like wheat, corn, or milk? some allergies to milk can cause bloating. Corn makes me bloat real bad even when my bowels are empty. I never had issues like these. They only came about as soon as I got ic. i take one tablespoon to 2 tablespoons of moms everynight. seem the only thing that works for me
                    not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
                    diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
                    cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
                    bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
                    diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
                    don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
                    all this even though I eat.
                    Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
                    Realy toxic and sick
                    Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
                    had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
                    Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Comment

I decided to forego my usual cereal and milk just to SEE if anything changes. So, I will do that for a few days and see what happens...

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

Working...
                      X