ibs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibs?

Ok I have had a bad day. I need help with this. is this IBS or is it a flare?
    I have had last night and today some serious cramping followed by running into the bathroom. my GP thinks I might have IBS but am not diagnosed with it.
    So this morning it happens again then my stomach is just crampy so that i am doubled over but not needing to go in to bathroom. ( I tried but nothing) It was just this cramping. I had some bowel pressure with it.
    Does any of this sound familer? Is it IBS or just my IC? I would love any input. thanks
    mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
    hysterectomy 11/04,
    prolapse cervix 7/07
    diagnosed: IC 2007
    IBS 2008

HI! I've had IBS since I was 19.....I'm 51 now. I used to always have severe cramping in the morning.....after breakfast. I'd feel fine when I'd get up and then eat breakfast....then the severe cramping would start.....and then diarrehea........I also would suffer from the constipation part......it was always the pits.
    Many dr.s over the year used to tell me to eat more fiber....and that would help with the IBS......so I've tried every dang fiber product out there....to no avail....and I've used many of the IBS meds too.
    What finally has helped me was what a dr. told me early on...EAT PRUNES! Prunes are high in fiber and very healthy for you. So I eat 5 or 6 dried prunes with my breakfast every morning! and I haven't had an IBS incident in over 2 yrs now! It's great! I hope you can get a handle on your problem....it sounds like IBS to me.....Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Thanks. Do you get the cramping but, no need to go to bathroom? Thats where I am confused. Usually if I get the cramps it is then shortly there after that I am in the bathroom. But this morning it was just this intense cramping w/bowel pressure. I took something for the pain which helped.
      mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
      hysterectomy 11/04,
      prolapse cervix 7/07
      IBS 2008

Comment

HI Usually I get the severe cramping and then the diarrehea.....but I'm not sure about just the cramping...maybe it can happen that way. Maybe your GP can try you on one of the IBS meds that's out now and see if that helps you. Good luck! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

I have IBS and do sometimes have cramping without needing to go to the bathroom. As with IC each of us are different in our symptoms and how we respond to treatment. It's always helpful to keep track of your symptoms and let your doctor know about them - particularly new or severe symptoms.

Comment

thanks
            mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
            hysterectomy 11/04,
            prolapse cervix 7/07
            IBS 2008

Comment

Working...
            X