Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa_S
    replied
    I don't like the taste of Fennel either, but I have major problems with gas. I found some Fennel capsules (can't really taste them, just swallow with water), which I am currently taking with every meal. It seems like they may be helping, but it's hard to know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Franny
    replied
    fennel tea

I have IBS - C and found the fennel tea doesn't bother my IC at all however I didn't notice any relief from it either.

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    Hi there! I see you have IBS-D....ugh I can completely relate. The fennel tea, if you brew it nice and strong, really helped with gas and bloating and all noisy stuff....I don't like the taste of it though...I had to dump loads of sugar in it.I don't know if it was iced it would work the same.....or even room temp.

I found the peppermint tea really helped with IBS-D spasms (diarrhea esp. would calme down)

As far as my IC, Fennel tea never bothered it and I was fine with the Peppermint tea too. I'd say try little amounts at a time and see how you do...
    Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• mrsaridings
    replied
    your IBS

Is your IBS the kind that just like constipates or is it like going all the time? Mine is the first kind, and I drink Gauyaki Yerba Mate drinks I find it at Ingle grocers, anyway it helps me. I can't drink the rasberry flavor but the Yerba Mate and the Spearmint/peppermint flavors help with the IBS and they don't bother my IC. You can find out more about this tea at guayaki.com. I take Zelnorm as well and I can tell when I haven't takin it I have a hard time going at all.
    I used to give my daughter a colic tablet I got from health food stores when she was little because she had really bad colic, the kind that was due to gas and stuff. They had fennel and chammomile in them. They say those are good for stomache problems. It was the only think that worked for her. I would try it. I used to drink chammomile tea a lot before I found these tea drinks. I thought it helped me, and didn't bother my IC. Good luck.
    Last edited by mrsaridings; 05-29-2007, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    started a topic Fennel tea?

Fennel tea?

Hi,
    I'm thinking of trying the fennel tea for IBS...has anyone tried it? Has it worsened your IC?

Thanks!
    Tracy
Working...
X