Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My doctor suggested Tums for calcium and they actually help with IC symptoms.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• shell
    replied
    Do you take the Prelief on a regular basis to help with your IBS? I tried taking Caltrate because I know I don't get enough calcium in my diet through the foods I eat. I found that it really aggravated my IBS, so I stopped taking it.

Leave a comment:

• Franny
    replied
    Calcium And Ic

I Am Not Able To Take Calcium Supplements Of Any Sort Or My Ic Acts Up Terribly! Weird Huh? I Have Never Heard Any One Else On These Boards With This Problem. I Can Drink Milk And Am On Hrt So I Have To Hope Those Keep Me From Developing Osteoporosis.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Lyndal I had my gallbladder out to but I don't have this problem. BUT I did read about what happens sometimes when the gallbladder is out and that is definitely one of the things. I am so happy for you that you found something that can help you. That is great. I know so many people here has IBS and this information will be helpful.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm glad it's helping.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jiriji
    started a topic Calcium

Calcium

I've had IBS (the diarrhea kind) for over 20 years now. I believe it started when i had my gallbladder removed at age 21. I've tried many, many different remedies over the years, as well as prescription medicine, but the biggest improvement has been since i started taking Prelief for IC.

I suspected that calcium in any form may have been beneficial (after all, that's basically what's in the old chalk-based anti-diarrhea preparations, i think) but the particular type of calcium in Prelief (calcium glycerophosphate) seems to be the most effective. Caltrate is pretty good too but it doesn't relieve IC in the same way that Prelief does.

I'm posting this message so that other IC-ers who also have IBS will be aware of the advantages of taking Prelief, if they don't know already!

Stay well, everyone.

~lyndal~
Working...
X