Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?

I haven't been diagnose with IC yet but many of you have similar pubic burning like me that i suspect to originate from the bladder.

Beers is a killer for both of my IBS and "IC".If i hold beers urin,i end up with severe pubic irritation and flare up of IBS.

Since many of you only have VV or IC,why do i have the bonus of IBS?

Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?
    Last edited by Tip and IBS; 06-15-2007, 02:41 PM.

Well I have to say that many, many IC patients have multiple illnesses in fact I think if you have IC your 100X more likely to have IBS. That said...IBS is a functional thing....mainly the muscles spasming.

Does it ring a bell to ANYONE?--->I FEEL BETTER DOWN THERE WHEN I HAVE A SINUSITIS!!!LESS CONSTIPATION AND LESS PUBIC PAIN !
    Sinusitis as in bacteria in your sinuses...I would have to guess if that is the case that yeast may be part of your problem...or that you have an autoimmune IC and when your immune system has something else to focus on it leaves your bladder alone.

http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=6 pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD) learning to relax the muscles treatment options symptoms of PFD and more

Since you don't have a definate diagnosis and your complaint symptom is burning with urination...and you have IBS which I know from experience can force you to "hold it" and because your male, I am giving you some info on Pelvic Floor dysfunction in hopes that you don't actually have IC and may be able to get a lot better with that help...but even if you do have IC as a male you would need to know about PFD.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

HI! I have both IBS and IC......have had both since my early 20's. Alcohol is a real killer for me. It causes major spasms, IBS symptoms and IC symptoms. It's very painful! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
      Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
      Dx'd Hypothyroid
      Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
      June 2007
      Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
      First Cysto 1979
      First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
      Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
      Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
      Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
      Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
      Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
      Bladder surgery 2000
      Dx'd: IBS 2000
      Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
      Laminectomy 1989
      Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
      I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

I've had trouble with constipation & gas since I got IC, or it could be since I got on the medicines for IC... I do find that mixing soluble & insoluble fibers in each meal really helps a lot. Check out Heather VanVorous' website or interviews here on the ICN. She gives great suggestions on managing IBS.
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I've had trouble with constipation & gas since I got IC,
          Constipation is a serious problem.

Comment

True, that's why I went to the doctor & he suggested the things I mentioned.
            Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
            I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
            Source - Pinterest
            "

Current treatments:
            -IC diet
            -Elavil 50mg at night
            -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
            -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
            -Pyridium if needed,
            -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
            -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
            -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
            -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
            -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
            -Managing stress= VERY important!
            -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Years ago my dr.s had mentioned eating more fiber......and said EAT prunes! I suffered from constipation most of the time, and once in a while diarrehea.....so finally I listened the the dr.s.......and tried eating prunes......TADA!!! Now I'm doing great! I eat 4 or 5 dried prunes for breakfast each morning with my yogert. I hardly ever have IBS problems now. Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
              Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
              Dx'd Hypothyroid
              Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
              June 2007
              Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
              First Cysto 1979
              First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
              Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
              Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
              Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
              Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
              Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
              Bladder surgery 2000
              Dx'd: IBS 2000
              Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
              Laminectomy 1989
              Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
              I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Well my IBS seems to like probiotics ....antispasmodic things like peppermint...

since I have over 17 illnesses....things could be worse
                Faith, Hope, and Love,
                Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Working...
                X