Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrina
    replied
    Well my IBS seems to like probiotics ....antispasmodic things like peppermint...

since I have over 17 illnesses....things could be worse

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Years ago my dr.s had mentioned eating more fiber......and said EAT prunes! I suffered from constipation most of the time, and once in a while diarrehea.....so finally I listened the the dr.s.......and tried eating prunes......TADA!!! Now I'm doing great! I eat 4 or 5 dried prunes for breakfast each morning with my yogert. I hardly ever have IBS problems now. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    True, that's why I went to the doctor & he suggested the things I mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Tip and IBS
    replied
    I've had trouble with constipation & gas since I got IC,
    Constipation is a serious problem.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I've had trouble with constipation & gas since I got IC, or it could be since I got on the medicines for IC... I do find that mixing soluble & insoluble fibers in each meal really helps a lot. Check out Heather VanVorous' website or interviews here on the ICN. She gives great suggestions on managing IBS.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I have both IBS and IC......have had both since my early 20's. Alcohol is a real killer for me. It causes major spasms, IBS symptoms and IC symptoms. It's very painful! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Well I have to say that many, many IC patients have multiple illnesses in fact I think if you have IC your 100X more likely to have IBS. That said...IBS is a functional thing....mainly the muscles spasming.

Does it ring a bell to ANYONE?--->I FEEL BETTER DOWN THERE WHEN I HAVE A SINUSITIS!!!LESS CONSTIPATION AND LESS PUBIC PAIN !
    Sinusitis as in bacteria in your sinuses...I would have to guess if that is the case that yeast may be part of your problem...or that you have an autoimmune IC and when your immune system has something else to focus on it leaves your bladder alone.

http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=6 pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD) learning to relax the muscles treatment options symptoms of PFD and more

Since you don't have a definate diagnosis and your complaint symptom is burning with urination...and you have IBS which I know from experience can force you to "hold it" and because your male, I am giving you some info on Pelvic Floor dysfunction in hopes that you don't actually have IC and may be able to get a lot better with that help...but even if you do have IC as a male you would need to know about PFD.

Leave a comment:

• Tip and IBS
    started a topic Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?

Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?

I haven't been diagnose with IC yet but many of you have similar pubic burning like me that i suspect to originate from the bladder.

Beers is a killer for both of my IBS and "IC".If i hold beers urin,i end up with severe pubic irritation and flare up of IBS.

Since many of you only have VV or IC,why do i have the bonus of IBS?

Do i have 2 problems?IC and IBS?
    Last edited by Tip and IBS; 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM.
Working...
X