developing IBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• developing IBS

For those of you who developed IBS how long did it take for you to get it after having IC? Do you think there was anything that may have contributed to or something that stood out that happened before developing this?

Did you also have chronic yeast infections? Skin infections? or anything else that you've never had problems with?
    2&1/2 yrs now from taking Diflucan2x.
    hydroxyzine hcl mostly during pms
    heating pad
    trying to stay on allergy diet & botanical food diet

I've developed problems with constipation since I got IC, but I'm not sure if it's a new disease like IBS or just a side effect of my medicines. I have had a strange rash that appears on my neck mostly when I have a bad IC flare. I've asked every doctor I've seen about it & their diagnosis for it is "Hmm. That's weird."
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I had symptoms of IC back in 2004 but wasn't diagnosed with it until 2009. In the past I've gone for months, sometimes as much as a year w/o symptoms (no meds or IC diet either) and then boom, it's back. I've had IBS-C (constipation dominant) for much longer than that. It's been trial and error lately trying to keep the constipation at bay when starting IC meds that tend to be constipating! So for me, I believe the IBS came first. Don't have any other issues at present that I can connect to IC or IBS.
      Pam

Diagnosed with:
      IC September 2009 (symptoms are frequency all the time and some burning)
      Graves' Disease June 2006 (thyroid issue)
      Sleep Apnea February 2007
      IBS-C so long ago I can't remember
      HBP
      Total hysterectomy 2015 (pre-cancer)
      Meds/Treatments:
      CPAP Machine (for sleep apnea)
      Uribel
      Metoprolol ER
      Synthroid
      Linzess and Magnesium for IBS-C

Love my furbaby, Turtle!

Comment

Originally posted by kadi View Post
        I've developed problems with constipation since I got IC, but I'm not sure if it's a new disease like IBS or just a side effect of my medicines. I have had a strange rash that appears on my neck mostly when I have a bad IC flare. I've asked every doctor I've seen about it & their diagnosis for it is "Hmm. That's weird."
        Hi Kadi,
        I had my IBS before my IC,(IBS-D), but I have noticed that since the IC the IBS has gotten worse and is now more IBS-C. Could be from meds, I'm not sure. I also have Rosacea, but again that developed before the IC, or at least before I knew I had it.

Comment

Think actually Bob had IBS before his IC. He was always in the bathroom poopin'. Never thought that was normal, but he's funny about that stuff, so left it alone. The tummy fiber does help him. He also developed a rash, a huge under the skin type under his arms, on his hands and wrists, and we attrbuted it to Elmiron because it was the only different thing he took, and we stopped it about 8 months ago. Apparently, medication induced rashes can take up to 2 years to go away. Our doc looked at it too and said "Hmm, that's odd" SIGH...

Sleep deprivation is an issue, I see him some days almost manic (will talk to doc about this, don't need psychotic depression again). He likes to sleep on the toilet which is fine, I just check on him to make sure he doesn't topple over.

The only other thing we have seen is weight gain in his tummy and difficulty losing weight. Another issue for the doc. He hardly eats anything and is religious with diet. IC related? Med related? We'll try to find out.

Take care all, and hope you all have a 2011 that is less painful. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Working...
          X