Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dg2901
    replied
    Milk of Magnesia is the easiest on the system. Once you get things moving it might be a good idea to take a daily stool softener. Colace is the name brand, however most stores sell their own brand. Make sure though that you dont get "Peri-Colace" as that is a laxative. Increase your water intake as well.

Leave a comment:

• meissabarham
    replied
    ok thank I am planning on going to the store tomorrow and get some of the foods on the list for the ic diet cause i really don't have much of them here so i will also get some of that too.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My doctor recommended milk of magnesia for me --- I haven't needed it for a long time but I do have some on hand. I also have stool softener on hand --- I had to take it for a while after a surgery. If I drink enough and get enough fiber it seems to keep me regular.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• meissabarham
    replied
    Thanks I don't really think it is the elmiron that is causing it I have this issue a lot. I was just wondering if there was anything that would be safe to take?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I haven't heard that elmiron caused constipation for anyone. I do think you should give your doctor a call if you haven't had a BM for that long.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• meissabarham
    started a topic new and need help

new and need help

I was just recently diagnosed with ic and the dr said i probably had ibs also. well since i started elmrion last week I have not had a bowel movement. Is there anything i can take that is safe for both that will help me?
Working...
X