Question for people with IBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for people with IBS

Just out of curiosity: have you ever been tested against fructose and lactose intolerance?
    I have both (milk allergy more exact) and I always thought I have IBC. Just lately after testing I have found how badly fructose (I cut out dairy long time ago) is makes me feel. I mean, I really have diarrhea after eating anything with fructose, and oh boy, how hard is to avoid it..

So, my question, have you been tested and found negative?

Re: Question for people with IBS

Fructose and lactose intolerances are very common with IBS...in fact, people with true IBS generally react just as you have. I have a dietitian friend who is an expert in this. The group of carbohydrates called FODMAPS can trigger symptoms in people with IBS. She wrote a great blog article for me and also has a book if you are interested in more information. Her book may help you avoid the other FODMAPS. She also does remote consultations like I do, if you wanted to get more personalized help. Here is the link to the blog article: http://interstitial-cystitis-diet.bl...h-both-ic.html

I hope that helps!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
    X