Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibs-d

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
    You know... this is so interesting. I developed IBSin my 20's... simultaneous to the onset of strict food sensitivities. Chocolate, for example, gives me bowel cramping so severe that I call them "Bend Over and Screamers." For me, the vast majority of my D outbreaks have been due to exposure to specific foods and, most recently, MSG. Twice this year I've had gravy with MSG in them that absolutely destroyed me later that night. But, I also experienced numerous episodes of constipation as well. Seriously, the best days were the days when I had a normal bowel movement in the morning. Then I knew it would be a good day and I'd be comfortable.

But then, something interesting happened. Every year I'd do a week or two of the caveman diet (no grains at all)... and always experienced loose bowels to the point that I eventually had to stop. My sis went gluten free and raved about how much better she was feeling.. so I've been giving that a try and it's been remarkable. I'm rarely constipated ... and have had the most consistently normal bathroom visits that I've had in 30 years. I also realized that the more regular carbs that I eat, the more constipated that I get. So.. I'm about 90% gluten free and it's really working well.

Granted, my gut clearly doesn't like preservatives and flavor enhancers, but I'm really liking NOT having all the bloating that I used to have. Oh, and if I do eat carbs, there goes the swelly belly for 24 hours. I LOVE Bisquick Gluten Free Biscuit and Pancake Mix. It uses rice flour and works like a charm! It's my new comfort food! '

Favorite pasta is Quinoa Pasta.
    Favorite Cereal - Gluten free, organic rice crisps
    Favorite Snack - Almond Coconut Kind Bar
    Favorite Bread - Ezekiel or Rudi's gluten free
    Favorite Breakfast - hash browns and scrambled eggs

Papa Murphy's' Take & Bake Pizza now has a Gluten Free Crust that isn't half bad.

Jill
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, Jill. May I ask where you buy the Papa Murphy pizza, and does it have sauce on it?
    Thanks, Laurie

Comment

I've read that Align probiotics were the only ones tested for use in IBS and supposedly pretty effective. Has anyone tried this one and had success? They are pricey but I just picked up a pack to try.

Comment

I take a few different brands of probiotics. I started having intestinal issues that worsened back in July. I started taking Align over a month ago. I think it is helping some. I also take 1 culturelle daily, 1 to 2 Renew life 50 billon daily, 2 florastor daily and 1 florjen acidophilus daily. I would give the Align a go for about a month, maybe it will help you.

Originally posted by earthlady View Post
        I've read that Align probiotics were the only ones tested for use in IBS and supposedly pretty effective. Has anyone tried this one and had success? They are pricey but I just picked up a pack to try.

Comment

Working...
        X