Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibs? Help!!!!!

Hello Everyone,
    I have recently been have some new and disturbing symptoms which I'm guessing may be IBS. I know that many ICers also have IBS so thought I'd check and see. I have bloating, diarrhea, gas, acid reflux, cramping, a feeling of fullness, constant nausea, and total exhaustion. This has been going on pretty consistently for about a month now and I feel as if I'm about to lose my mind.
    I feel as if I've finally gotten my IC under control and now this. I haven't felt this down since my initial IC diagnosis. I have a doctor's appointment with my general practitioner but not until March 1st. We are going on a vacation in a month and I can't imagine feeling like this there. IC put a fair amount of strain on my marriage and I don't know if it can survive another chronic illness.
    Can anyone give me any advice? Do these symptoms ever subside? Is this my life now? Any suggestions for getting this under control? I would truly appreciate any feedback.

Re: Ibs? Help!!!!!

Hi Amy, I have had IBS C and D most of my adult life. For me, it is very diet and hormone related. Always around O and my period, I am more apt to have a D attack. Greasy or high fat foods (especially around that time) are a big no-no.

I had some really bad D a few years ago. It was out of control. I went to the dr and he put me on Librax 3 times a day before meals plus a fiber supplement. It worked very well and the flare subsided. You might want to see a gastroenterologist if need be.

IBS can be controlled for most people. I never even notice my IBS anymore. My D turned into constant C since I've been taking Elavil and Uribel daily. So, now I take Miralax every day and I'm very regular.
    Jane
    Diagnosed 1/7/14 via cysto/hydro

Current Treatment:
    10 mg amitriptyline, DH Aloe Vera

Used During Flares:
    Uribel, extra DH Aloe Vera, Klonopin and Tramadol (as needed)

Practicing bladder training and stress control (hot baths, pelvic stretching)
    Recently tried PT, do not appear to have PFD

Things that have not helped in the past:
    Oxybutynin, Vesicare, Pyridium, Myrbetriq, Vagifem

Also have migraines and IBS

Comment

Well, that certainly makes me feel better. Thank you so much for your feedback. I am just feeling so negative today! The idea of starting over with a whole new set of doctors and medications just feels a little overwhelming. I'm going to look for a gastroenterologist in my area and can hopefully find similar relief. Thank you again for giving me some much needed hope!

Comment

You're welcome! Also, I wanted to add that the librax also calmed my bladder as well, so I didnt mind taking it! I hope you feel better soon.
        Jane
        Diagnosed 1/7/14 via cysto/hydro

Current Treatment:
        10 mg amitriptyline, DH Aloe Vera

Used During Flares:
        Uribel, extra DH Aloe Vera, Klonopin and Tramadol (as needed)

Practicing bladder training and stress control (hot baths, pelvic stretching)
        Recently tried PT, do not appear to have PFD

Things that have not helped in the past:
        Oxybutynin, Vesicare, Pyridium, Myrbetriq, Vagifem

Also have migraines and IBS

Comment

Working...
        X