Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yest infection

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering what you guys do for recurrent yeast infections. I have had two in the last 2 months and its driving me crazy! They had me on a lot of antibiotics for supposed bladder infections, but they did nothing but give me a monstrous yeast infection! When I use over the counter creams, they seem to make it better but then when i stop, they come back almost right away. Also, they seem to make my burning and bladder discomfort worse. Any advice?

I've only had 1 or 2 in my life and they must have been mild. However, washing with Dr Bronner's liquid peppermint soap totally relieved my exterior itching and burning.

I now use this soap every day and leave it on the whole time I'm in the shower before rinsing. For me, it is a natural anesthetic; and I hope a preventative.
    8/2007 - My constant bladder pain is now gone due to a surgery where the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastic nerves were cut. I still have IC symptoms but they are improving. It's still early to say, but I believe this solution will work permanently for me.

Symptoms since 2005 - 24/7 abdominal pain, cold sweats, low back pain, vulv, etc.
    Surgeries: Spinal Fusion L4-L5-S1 10/97, Anterior spinal fusion L5-S1 9/05, Lap for Cysts, Endo 9/06, Hysterectomy kept cervix 12/06
    Meds: Morphine, Neurontin, Valium, Hydroxyzine, Vivelle Estrogen, Thyroid,
    Exercise & PT: All at least 4 times a week
    Whirlpool baths, Moist heat, Treadmill, Stretching, Trigger point, Yoga Positions; Ab & Pelvic Massage

Comment

Yeast Infection

Yeast can become chronic if not treated fully when you first get it, then you keep reinfecting yourself. Who ever gave you the antibiotics will usually give you a RX for Diflucan. I always ask for two Diflucan for every antibiotic I take. Then when the antibiotic is finished I take one Diflucan, then three days later the second. Also during the course of the antibiotic I use OTC cream. This should do it. One pill is not enough.
      Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
      Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

during the course of the antibiotic I use OTC cream. This should do it. One pill is not enough.
        Sammi
        I want to mention that most OTC creams bother most IC patients. I think putting is some plain yogurt has a chance of being less bothersome.
        http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=220 yeast yeast treatments, probiotics I updated it with some new things I have learned recently.
        Faith, Hope, and Love,
        Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
        Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Yogurt

I dont use the plain yogurt, but do have vaginal suppositories made up at the compounding pharmacy which work well. If I did use the plain yogurt since most of it does not have a lot of lactobacillis in it I would probably open a capsule of lactobacillis and pour some it into the yogurt, then put it in.
          Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
          Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Working...
          X