X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sami4
    replied
    Yogurt

I dont use the plain yogurt, but do have vaginal suppositories made up at the compounding pharmacy which work well. If I did use the plain yogurt since most of it does not have a lot of lactobacillis in it I would probably open a capsule of lactobacillis and pour some it into the yogurt, then put it in.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    during the course of the antibiotic I use OTC cream. This should do it. One pill is not enough.
    Sammi
    I want to mention that most OTC creams bother most IC patients. I think putting is some plain yogurt has a chance of being less bothersome.
    http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=220 yeast yeast treatments, probiotics I updated it with some new things I have learned recently.

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Yeast Infection

Yeast can become chronic if not treated fully when you first get it, then you keep reinfecting yourself. Who ever gave you the antibiotics will usually give you a RX for Diflucan. I always ask for two Diflucan for every antibiotic I take. Then when the antibiotic is finished I take one Diflucan, then three days later the second. Also during the course of the antibiotic I use OTC cream. This should do it. One pill is not enough.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• CarolinTexas
    replied
    I've only had 1 or 2 in my life and they must have been mild. However, washing with Dr Bronner's liquid peppermint soap totally relieved my exterior itching and burning.

I now use this soap every day and leave it on the whole time I'm in the shower before rinsing. For me, it is a natural anesthetic; and I hope a preventative.

Leave a comment:

• smallkate101
    started a topic yest infection

yest infection

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering what you guys do for recurrent yeast infections. I have had two in the last 2 months and its driving me crazy! They had me on a lot of antibiotics for supposed bladder infections, but they did nothing but give me a monstrous yeast infection! When I use over the counter creams, they seem to make it better but then when i stop, they come back almost right away. Also, they seem to make my burning and bladder discomfort worse. Any advice?
Working...
X