Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell between a yeast infection and a flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ithurtzz
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I have never had one that burns when i have sex before. This one hurts sooo bad and will not go away. I did the one day Monistat thing and nada. I hate this IC sooo bad!!

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Yeast

For me a yeast infection gives exactly the same symptoms as a UTI and vulvar flare. I have been surprised many times when I had a yeast infection and not a bladder infection. The chronic yeast bout I had a year ago also caused vulvadynia due to severe nerve irritation from the infection.
    They are very related and in bad cases you can get yeast even in the bladder.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• kjd
    replied
    I can never tell which is a nightmare so the best way is to have a culture done with your doctor. This will tell you one way or other if its a yeast infection.

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    I suggest getting a culture since basically yeast can trigger a lot of thins of an IC flare...spasm, muscle tightness....burning...it doesn't take much to cause problems especially if you have IBS...which can mean more yeast in the rest of your body...causing gas and pressure. Journal your symptoms and what you did that helped or didn't....sometimes with things like this it is just a matter of knowing your own body. My urethra is tender when yeast is the problem...but if that is your norm it may not help you.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I'm with the others, usually its really intense itching, and for me I get a stabbing pain on one side of my lower abdomen. Best bet is to call the doc. I had one last week and didn't even know it until I had my physical.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    A yeast infection usually will have a smell and a discharge..Also you will have alot of itching..

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sometimes the only way to tell the difference is to have a culture done.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Missmissy
    replied
    For me the yeast infection is very intense itching...the more you scratch the more it itches.
    I also have a white lumpy discharge like cottage cheese.
    I am having one as we speak :-(
    My uro started me on daily antibiotics for my frequent uti's so now I have a yeast infections!!!! AAHHHH I can't win for losing.
    I took a diflucan yesterday, I am waiting for it to get rid of it.

Melissa

Leave a comment:

• How can you tell between a yeast infection and a flare?

They feel so similar to me?
Working...
X