yeast infection=worse flare EVER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeast infection=worse flare EVER!!!

I woke up Friday with what I thought was a normal yeast infection for me until after breakfast when I had to pee 4 times within an hour. Which is not normal for me at all, I have only had frequency exactly a year ago when I first started having symptoms. So being almost out of Urelle I started pyridium right away. I also had take Diflucan when I got up.

Well in the next hour unable to sit down my BF said I looked miserable and told me to go lay on the couch instead of going home. (we switch between his and my houses depending on if we are working). I didn't get off the couch all day except to pee, which was at least every 1/2 hour.

So by 7 last night I was calling into work for today (Im a PICU nurse) and iced. I can't see myself going in tomorrow either. Today I took a shower and my BF looked at things for me and said they are so inflamed and red looking.

I took some tylenol, which has helped a bit. I have also continued the pyridium. But otherwise I'm not sure what else to do until Monday when I can get into the Drs. My BF said someone has to be on today...I said yea to deliver babies not to deal with a yeast infection! I can't believe this came on overnight either! And with all the yeast I had last year, never has it caused urinary symptoms before
    Amanda
    32 years old
    Symptoms started after a mole removal and flu shot. Diagnosed after 3rd opinion and cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Now attend a pelvic medicine clinic with my gyno and uro every 2 months.
    Also I have migraines, vulvodynia, endometriosis, IBS, eczema, severe seasonal allergies, PFD, chronic yeast, primary raynaud's, and a shoulder full of scar tissue from a mole removal

Current treatment
    Zantac 150mg twice a day
    Topamax 75mg twice a day
    Trazodone 50mg before bed
    Atarax 25mg before bed and as needed
    Elivil 25mg before bed
    Zyrtec 10mg once a day
    Ogestrel continuously
    Lidocaine cream as needed
    Estrogen/Testosterone cream three times a week
    Gabapentin cream daily
    Valium vaginal suppository as needed
    Pyridium as needed
    Physical Therapy for PFD treatment
    Acupuncture every other week

I'd still call your doctor's office & see if they can suggest anything. Being miserable all weekend stinks!

There are also over the counter wipes & a cream you can get to calm down external burning & itching. You might want to get an AZO urinary tract infection test kit (do that test first before using anything) to see if you have a bladder infection along with the yeast infection. All of these things are available at a Walgreens, CVS or Safeway. And they're all open today, which is amazing because when I was a kid, nothing was open on New Years day!

Hoping you feel better soon,
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

You should definitely call the on call number at the doctors office. I am friends with the nurse on call in my OB's office, and she said people call all the time for yeast infections. She doesn't just get calls from pregnant women. It is their job to help you. I totally feel your pain too with the yeast!! I am going through it right now. I noticed that you have a prescription for diflucan to take ongoing as you need it. May I ask how you got your doc to do that for you? Most won't prescribe for more than 2 days worth. I think I am going to need the same thing. Did your OB prescribe this?

Hope you get to feeling better!!

Originally posted by amandac View Post
      I woke up Friday with what I thought was a normal yeast infection for me until after breakfast when I had to pee 4 times within an hour. Which is not normal for me at all, I have only had frequency exactly a year ago when I first started having symptoms. So being almost out of Urelle I started pyridium right away. I also had take Diflucan when I got up.

Well in the next hour unable to sit down my BF said I looked miserable and told me to go lay on the couch instead of going home. (we switch between his and my houses depending on if we are working). I didn't get off the couch all day except to pee, which was at least every 1/2 hour.

So by 7 last night I was calling into work for today (Im a PICU nurse) and iced. I can't see myself going in tomorrow either. Today I took a shower and my BF looked at things for me and said they are so inflamed and red looking.

I took some tylenol, which has helped a bit. I have also continued the pyridium. But otherwise I'm not sure what else to do until Monday when I can get into the Drs. My BF said someone has to be on today...I said yea to deliver babies not to deal with a yeast infection! I can't believe this came on overnight either! And with all the yeast I had last year, never has it caused urinary symptoms before
      ~Valery~
      Dx with IC 3/2009 - Cysto w/Hydro
      Meds: Elmiron (400mg), Atarax (10mg), Elavil (20mg), Pyridium (as needed)

Comment

Is there an urgent care clinic in your area? If so, I think it would be a good idea to go in --- an infection can grow a lot in two days and you really shouldn't take a chance.

Warm healing thoughts,
        Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going to the drs tomorrow. I have test strips at home and my pee never looks normal. And with the pyridium it was hard to tell...everything looked pink. But I did it again tonight and I didn't have any leukocytes in it, so I don't think I have a UTI. But I'm back to having tons of blood, so I may have to start some instills again.

I am feeling a bit better today. Perhaps that is because my BF (bless his heart) got me a peri bottle at work last night. That seems to help a lot getting all my acidic pee off and rinsing me really well. Also not having to use paper irritating me even more.

I just feel like every time I flare with yeast its way worse than any before. I need to get rid of this for good. I even changed probiotics to New Chapter from culturelle...thought that would help, I even said it was working two days before this happened! I should have kept my mouth shut!
          Amanda
          32 years old
          Symptoms started after a mole removal and flu shot. Diagnosed after 3rd opinion and cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Now attend a pelvic medicine clinic with my gyno and uro every 2 months.
          Also I have migraines, vulvodynia, endometriosis, IBS, eczema, severe seasonal allergies, PFD, chronic yeast, primary raynaud's, and a shoulder full of scar tissue from a mole removal

Current treatment
          Zantac 150mg twice a day
          Topamax 75mg twice a day
          Elivil 25mg before bed
          Zyrtec 10mg once a day
          Ogestrel continuously
          Gabapentin cream daily
          Pyridium as needed

Comment

Oh gosh, you sound just like me right now. I hope you're feeling better by now though!

I called my primary doctor today because I thought I had a UTI...my bladder feels so heavy and sore even when there's not much in there. I went in and got my order for a culture and went to the lab, but it's going to be a couple days before the culture comes back. Well, now I feel like I have a yeast infection also. Great! I have Diflucan 150mg to take as needed also, but that only tends to work to prevent infections for me...when I actually get one I have to take Diflucan 100mg everyday for 10-14 days. I think I'm starting to become resistant to the Diflucan though. Fun! I used some other RX cream before and it made me feel like I had the flu...so I hope there's something else that will help me. Well, I guess I have to go to my GYN as well. I need to go anyway because I've been having some other problems. This is so frustrating!
            ~Ashley

Comment

Well I didn't have a UTI, which I figured. I had to take 4 Diflucan to finally feel better...Geesh!! I feel like every time I flare with yeast, it is so much worse than before. I am going in to see my reg GYN in Feb so we will talk about more options again. I just want this to end! I am still having frequency at times, but its so much better.

Next time I want a culture and sensitivity to see if I am resistant to Diflucan and what will actually work.
              Amanda
              32 years old

Current treatment
              Zantac 150mg twice a day
              Topamax 75mg twice a day
              Elivil 25mg before bed
              Zyrtec 10mg once a day
              Ogestrel continuously
              Gabapentin cream daily
              Pyridium as needed

Comment

Glad you're better! I feel a bit better also, somehow, so maybe it was just a regular old flare. It's so hard to tell sometimes, but sometimes it's obvious what it is. So you just took Diflucan 150mg every three days until you felt better?
                ~Ashley

Comment

Working...
                X